Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bloody Hell
Bloody Palms is a very very popular choice for physical builds involving use of on hits right now, mostly because of how well it synergizes with dealing physical damage.

For example, the most standard build right now is any elemental katana + bloody palms 2hand, you pair this up with 1vs1 and suddenly you have sword builds that deal more damage than glass cannon VA builds about 100% of the time, because Bloody Palms will inflict claret call lv12 and hunted lv12, making you deal a load of damage as a result.

This is not to say that bloody palms shouldn't be an item that synergizes well with spellblade builds, but the current problem is not with spellblades but full physical damage dealers using the on hit of a Sanjin or a Raijin combined with the raw power of 2hand as a talent in order to deal as much physical damage as possible, it's outscaled daggers at this point and I think that's a problem, seeing how daggers are supposed to be the strongest critical dealers out there.

There's a pretty simple change that could help fight the current issue, here's what I propose:

Bloody Palms no longer inflicts Hunted, but instead inflicts a new status that only increases MAGIC damage dealt equal to UL%, this way damage modifiers such as one vs one, voltiger, holy and absolute death aren't combined in unison with this effect to start scaling their damage numbers catastrophically high.
I agree with the OP and Soapy, especially on the Claret Call/Hunted parts. Bloody Palms should add it's own debuff to the enemies.

Something like 'Bloodied', which works like Electrocharges. You gain UL% of your damage and store it up on the buff. Once the buff reaches a certain threshold, it grants you either 'Bloody Weapon' or 'Cursed Words'.

Bloody Weapon grants an additional of UL/2 damage to all Physical damage dealt within 2 rounds. (Activated if you have enough Bloodied charges, and if the enemy deals Magic damage to you.)
Cursed Words grants an additional of UL% damage to all Magic damage dealt within 2 rounds. (Activated if you have enough Bloodied charges, and if the enemy deals Physical damage to you.)

For each activation, it consumes a flat number from your 'Bloodied' buff, maybe UL.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Go on?

... :L
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This is a bit of an old thread but still highly relevant.

I think bloody palms hunted effect should still be changed to a status that gives +% Magic damage instead of all damage.
Have you considered that this will allow it to stack with hunted for even higher damage?
Hmm, no I have not, but it does stack with Absolute Death to almost the same effect, maybe Hunted itself should be magic damage then? As physical damage has it's own damage steroids.
If hunted changes that swaps some pve monters around a bit too which causes a -painful- ammount of work for dev. Granted Spoop has a good idea. We need a less taxing solution.

Perhaps removing hunted and buffing the claret call used OR giving it only Hunted with an increased effect?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I think the Hunted LV it inflicts could be changed to UL/2% + 1 for now, if Bloody Palms are that big of a problem. In my mind, it'd still keep them useful but not incredibly mandatory. Feel free to corrrect me if I'm wrong, though.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]