Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engagement
* Engagement
- While an enemy is in melee range and facing the tile you are in, you are considered 'engaged'.
- While engaged, your Move is halved.
- Furthermore, when you use Movement, the unit(s) engaging you will get an attack of opportunity if they have a melee weapon equipped, before you move. This only applies to the first step of your Movement unless otherwise noted. (Enemies who can attack you in this fashion will be marked by a red ! above their heads while you're planning your movement.)

---

A slightly random idea. Wouldn't apply to skills that move you like Sidecut/Backflip/etc. Not sure if it's necessary but I thought it would introduce a little more tactical decision making, especially if you're a ranged character (it becomes more important to not let the enemy get too close since escaping is harder), and make certain skills more useful.
I'd like it.

Could have it sort of like a system like in Wakfu. If they're facing the square you move into, they have their full LOCK chance to stop your movement completely.

If it's to the side of where they're facing, it's half.

If it's behind them, it's 25% of that chance.

Could have something similar given to STRENGTH (or some other physical stat) to lock someone in place... That or, y'know. Just make your accuracy of the opportunity attack have 100/50/25% of yoru full accuracy to hit.
I'm for this. There's plenty of movement alternatives, so at least you'd need one of them to stab people in the ass with no drawbacks.

I'd go so far as to suggest more things provoke AoOs, like potion use or invocations not backed by Lazarus Wind.
I'm honestly very neutral in regards to it. My primary concern with this is that without any genuine way to test it, we can't determine whether or not it will be a good mechanic for SL2. However, in order to have a BETA of this type, to begin with, it means dedicating yourself to making something that may not even work out altogether. In the end, I suppose that's one of the luxuries of game making nonetheless.

If you do decide to try and implement such a system, I look forward to fiddling around with it and seeing the ins and outs of it. Seeing new and fresh mechanics are always a great way to spice things up. However, the idea is very abstract and hard to put into perspective without said BETA being in place. If this were implemented, I would suggest that it be very similar to how GR came to be. There would be the main server for roleplaying and whatnot while a second server is up to test it.
Discord: Selfish Gene#0139
[Image: lClrhgZ.png]
I'd like this, but I'd like it more if there was some kind of reason to be fighting someone from the front. I guess it would probably solve the buttstabing problem sort of, but people would just use teleports to get behind you instead of actual movement. I agree on the item use thing, too. Maybe even certain buffs.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I could see this if the attack stated didn't have the followed problems:
Proc'ing Parry skills. (Stalemate/Eviter)
Proc'ing Evasion (So you don't give them Flottement if they sub a Duelist class.)
Being an Auto-hit. It's meant to be a punishment for moving a close range, people that uses melee weapons without enough accuracy (Priests with Staves) would have problems against Duelists, since you're giving them Perfect Poise.
I love this idea.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
considering good O'l DnD has OA's for decades, and its worked, yeah, this is good.
Frankly, I'm all for this, but I feel like it would be more beneficial to the Speed McQueens that have very high SKI/CEL rather than the slower, tankier characters, who are normally the primary interested users of a movement-restricting AoO. I don't feel like that should be the case. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

"Lonestar" Wrote:I could see this if the attack stated didn't have the followed problems:
Proc'ing Parry skills. (Stalemate/Eviter)
Proc'ing Evasion (So you don't give them Flottement if they sub a Duelist class.)
Being an Auto-hit. It's meant to be a punishment for moving a close range, people that uses melee weapons without enough accuracy (Priests with Staves) would have problems against Duelists, since you're giving them Perfect Poise.

I agree with this concern, since otherwise Movement becomes a nerfed Silent Spirit (while still allowing them to move) usable by any class as long as their opponent gets within melee range.

Edit: As I failed to express with forum code, the point I was trying to make is that Duelist-types have more movement alternatives available to them, as compared to heavier classes who generally don't unless they are a Hexer with Blink. I can't speak for Arbalest though, since I've never built one, but since they're generally throwing their opponents around on their own whim, I doubt it matters much.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
The system is fantastic, but the current state of affairs doesn't support it right now. Front-facing mitigation is hyper-efficient, hit/crit builds are stronger than most alternatives, and the people who benefit the most from this usually have ways to move behind someone without actually moving.

Imagine trying to fight someone with Cobra if they're staring you down, preparing to crit knockdown knockback you with Hands of the Giant if you try moving. Kensei would fall further behind ghost, since their option would be pick a suitable subclass or swing into Eviter, while Ghosts continue to Haunting EI people for hundreds and hundreds of damage.