Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engagement
I don't see why this would be implemented if it doesn't prevent movement skills. The builds who you actually want to pin down (ranger, wind mage, engineer) usually kite well because they have access to ways to easily slip away from melee range. I don't remember the last time someone straight up walked away from melee aside from talvyd users, so it would basically be a nerf directed at that?

And if it did work with movement skills, I think it would be kind of fair, if a little strong. A very big shakeup to the meta for sure since it would nerf liting a lot and probably mess with classes like kensei.

But I think it boils down to like, I don't really see this as a way to introduce new strategies, it simply nerfs certain builds and buffs melee

Edit: wait wtf, 2017?
it sounds interesting as a person who somewhat prefers melee, atleast.

also

[Image: ThreadNecro.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Anhita's post:
  • Pyro
Seems like an addition that only punishes the handful of builds that don't have movement skills, while being completely irrelevant to the other 90% that usually have several and would never see this proc anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sadbot's post:
  • Bryce_Hego
What did ranger ever do to you bro...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frozen's post:
  • Bryce_Hego
Ranger is already on it's deathbed, coughing up blood as it tightly clutches onto it's skill scaling crossbow. Do you pull the plug?
Heh...
It's alright. I understand....We must...RP our magic guns as magic bows now.
(01-24-2023, 08:31 PM)Bryce_Hego Wrote: Ranger is already on it's deathbed, coughing up blood as it tightly clutches onto it's skill scaling crossbow. Do you pull the plug?
Heh...
Meanwhile, Ghost/Ranger is getting themselves drunk in a corner while beating the shit out of any innocent bystander.
Hahaha, real funny guys, but completely off topic from the original post. I'm not entirely sure why a thread from over five years ago got necro'd, but it should probably be locked considering the entire system is different than what it was back then.

For funsies though, I think allowing for d&d style attacks of opportunities would kind of be a weird fit into the current environment of the game, especially as written. It largely punishes folk who don't use mobility skills over movement, skewing matters against them more, especially if they were to get surrounded by enemies. There's also the interaction of Earthbound fog + clumsy being particularly oppressive with this kind of mechanic.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
(01-24-2023, 09:08 PM)Ray2064 Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 08:31 PM)Bryce_Hego Wrote: Ranger is already on it's deathbed, coughing up blood as it tightly clutches onto it's skill scaling crossbow. Do you pull the plug?
Heh...
Meanwhile, Ghost/Ranger is getting themselves drunk in a corner while beating the shit out of any innocent bystander.
Until the farshot penalty
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]