Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylish Defense
Defense seems realllllllly strong in stylish.

In stylish everything is made weaker and costs -2m, but theres no repeat action.

Defense still applies full armor and phys def to damage -after- its been scaled down by stylish, multi round guns do literal 0 damage.
[Image: 4dea8233f4c142f87b265749fe7ea944.png]
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
I think stylish dungeons need a number of changes to be worth doing, honestly. Stylish dungeons don't feel stylish at all, really. They feel much more like a chore.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
With the time delay between actions on the least optimal of days, FP drain (this may have been fixed, but it used to be unscaled about a year ago, I believe), and the restrictions against any build that doesn't rely on ridiculous combos and must instead resort to using sub-optimal skills to get their full damage for the round in, Stylish is a chore.

About FP Drain: Even if it's scaled down, you're most likely going to be throwing FP-draining skills for most of your attacks, which adds up compared to a standard dungeon's FP lost per round. Adding in everything else, Stylish lacks any incentive to not go find another dungeon instead.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Stylish is bad just because the fights extend for longer than what they're supposed to, mainly. You can't ever dream of fighting a 4v4 on Stylish and then you'll be stuck in the fight for like 4 IRL hours just waiting people to do their shit. If the normal time of 4v4s is 2 hours due to people RPing and all.

Everything costing 1M is too 'braindead' to be called 'strategy' or a 'show-off of your skills', the damage done is pathetically low, both HP/FP heals being gibbed in half, when it should had been only HP. And the only way you can play Stylish is being forced to, such as playing in the dungeons. (Sorry if this judgement came a little harsh, but it's really what I think, if not more people too.)

So, if the minimum momentum cost was 2M (aside skills/spells that use 1M anyway, such as Charge or Bash) for actions, the reduction in Damage, HP heal only and FP costs only was 25% instead of 50%, and the chances to be wounded were tripled, I think Stylish could be taken more seriously.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
You could say that while in a stylish dungeon, if you are airborne, your damage is increased by 25%, if you are attacking an airborne enemy, your damage is increased by 50%, these effects stack, stay true to Devil May Cry influence a little bit there.

A lot of classes have ways to get airborne or get enemies airborne nowadays, and its not hard to pack a skyburn for those who don't.
Could just turn down the damage reduction to like 25%.
That works too, but can there be some form of airborne functionality do you think?