Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaper Transformation Ritual (L.E.)
Now, with the Reapers and Apertauri being available races. I'm sure there were many people that roleplayed as Reapers, of various races through calling themselves so, wielding Scythe weapons, etc.

I was wondering if there could be a racial change ritual into either (or the two) races available to certain Races through the Legend Authoring interface. Similiar to Vampirism and Lichdom.

What are your thoughts?
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
I like the idea. I think there should be more race transformations as it becomes available. And it is in the section with vampires and liches after all. It seems like Lazarus is a plane, full of gifted people more than a race itself. I'd like this idea myself.
We're going to need to learn more about the lore first before anything.
[Image: tenor.gif]
"K Peculier" Wrote:We're going to need to learn more about the lore first before anything.

True that. I'm just leaving this topic here until more is revealed about them. Then Dev can decide, no?
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
I probably wouldn't play any races that aren't officially available in the future, since it's against the rules (though I know no harm was intended here). But no, you can't become a Reaper through a ritual or anything.
Okay, now while mildly offtopic but at the same time ontopic.

Naga were basically humans whom were performed a ritual on after being kidnapped by Snakemen, yeah? What about the ability to transform into these through Legend Extension?

At least I know that much about them through lore.
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
Only the snakemen know how to perform the ritual, so no, that probably won't happen.
"FiresTFS" Wrote:Okay, now while mildly offtopic but at the same time ontopic.

Naga were basically humans whom were performed a ritual on after being kidnapped by Snakemen, yeah? What about the ability to transform into these through Legend Extension?

At least I know that much about them through lore.

The original suggestion is what it is, but I think this one's a fair point. Prone to be abused by an idiot at some point (due to having no record of gender for the LE trait to restrict automatically), but that just falls under the same category as creating one from scratch. I think it'd be fair to add that for humans only. +1 to that.
Edit: This is only if the Snakemen still perform these rituals, which I'm assuming they do, but the lore on the wiki makes it sound like they're contained now. So take my +1 with that in mind.

Something else that was brought up though. Dullahan. Obviously this would only be ICly acceptable for people who actually wear heavy armor, whatever other restrictions apply, but I see the clear distinction between this and the Naga. Naga are simply having their bodies transformed supposedly. Dullahan are completely 'reborn' both physically and, to any degree up to entirely, mentally.

I guess it's more of a lore matter: Do Dullahan who retain even the best amount of memory retained still have to completely relearn how to move about in their new 'body,' or do Dullahan generally retain martial knowledge to translate directly to their new form? It's similar to Lich but clearly distinct. I can see that much.

I just think it'd be nice to have as an option for people who want it, if it's possible.

Edit: I posted this without seeing Dev's response. Nevermind the Naga part.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
But Nagas are gender-limited. There's no way to tell a male char from a female in game. Dullahans are battle preference-limited, so only 'true' warriors would defy death with sheer willpower.

To be honest, those transformations, all of them, should have been limited to Humans only (aside Lichdom). It sort of wrecks roleplay to suddenly change your character into something else that they're not supposed to be, imo. But now it's too late and I don't care--
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
my two cents, people who were playing as reapers, before reapers were released....

"Neus" Wrote:I probably wouldn't play any races that aren't officially available in the future, since it's against the rules (though I know no harm was intended here). But no, you can't become a Reaper through a ritual or anything.

you should get no ritual, Infact you should probably be banned for a few days, and If I were dev, I'd smack anyone who thought they could give you permission to do it.