Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crafting experiance.
Alchemists already have the easiest method of exp gain in the game (dormeho clinic)

My suggestion is that crafting in general should give experience and use up mental and physical stamina depending on the skill

Enchanting - Uses mental stamina equal to double the difficulty, gives Difficulty level % to next level
Woodworking/Metalworking- uses physical stamina equal to to the difficulty, gives 1/2 difficulty % to next level.
Tool crafting/alchemy- uses physical and mental equal to difficulty, gives difficulty % to next level.
pls no
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't know... I think there's some merit to this suggestion, at least the intent. This goes back to that old issue of 'why does my simple craftsman have to be a godly fighter to not be shit at crafting.'

Frankly, I think the way crafting levels work needs to be reworked entirely. I'm not saying fighters shouldn't still be able to also be craftsmen on the side, but craftsmen should be able to:

A) Not have to be fighters.
B) Be more capable at their trade than someone who also dedicated half their life to knowing how to poke sharp pointy thing into hard surface protecting squishy parts in the most effective way.

It's been debated a number of times already though, so I don't think it's going to happen for a long time still, and I don't think this is going to benefit craftkids as much as it'll just inconvenience those who have already hit top level.

As it is right now, whatever your craft, you generally waste all your stamina gathering materials, use what you've got for crafting, and then await stamina recovery. Adding stamina drain to the crafting part sounds like it would just be a pain in the ass for everyone involved.

I'm with Snake on this one.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
The way crafting levels work at the moment is to prevent people from using alts to craft for them (as easily). It's possible that, when the trait rework comes, there will be an option for non-combatant characters to receive craft/talent levels, but it will still require some time spent roleplaying.
The main point of my post is that alchemists already gain character experience from the dormeho clinic.

I'm mainly suggesting that crafting as a side effect give scaling experience like the dormeho clinic

OR

More places with tasks like the clinic.

Perhaps a board at black smiths that spawns a list of weapons that are wanted, and you can turn them in for exp, and you get rewarded more exp if you craft it there.
More stuff like the clinic for other crafting skills are a possibility.
So something like..
a lumberjack who needs assistance in Cellsvich Forest (Woodworking)
The Majistra's guild needs YOUR help (Enchanting)
A new found smith's shop in Tannis is looking for volunteer workers (Tools and Metalworking)
The clothing store in Dormeho is looking for new clothing designs and other materials (Tailoring)

?
I like that.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
They're nice, but-

"Spoops" Wrote:The Majistra's guild needs YOUR help (Enchanting)
I do wonder how you would do this. All of the other crafts involve turning materials into items. Enchantment is applying a catalyst onto an item, so you would need both of those, and catalysts are comparatively more difficult to obtain than raw materials in most of the other cases.

Suggestion: Enchantment opportunities are put in a hit list, randomly generated and refreshed at a certain time (Daily? Five a day, acceptable by any number of players?). Each 'hit' requests a catalyst to be applied to an item.

You accept a hit, and they provide you with the item. The item provided is a special piece of equipment that is solely meant to be used for the request, so it should be useless for the player but still an equipment item to allow it to be enchanted. You are expected to use your own catalyst to enchant the item, and depending on both the enchantment difficulty and rarity of the catalyst, you are given appropriately scaled EXP to compensate for it.

How much EXP, I am unsure, but it should be a damn good amount to want to provide your own catalyst for it, especially when it's something less common like Rebellious Spirit or worse, boss drops like Borneblood. I'd expect something along the lines of dungeon Full Clear exp for those latter cases, at least the boss drops.

I suggest this method because the alternatives without something else entirely are:

A) Mage's Guild requests a certain item and catalyst applied. Too specific unless it's restricted to easily obtained items.
B) Mage's Guild requests an item and provides the catalyst. This still sounds like a pain and doesn't make much sense.
C) Mage's guild provides both the item and catalyst. Sounds like the tables have been entirely turned on the level of convenience for Enchanters, since they need to gather nothing now.

Just an idea though.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Or they could go the dormeho clinic route and just have a dialogue prompt with fade to black.