Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shine Knighting
I think making it an item potential skill for an often mocked weapon would be the best idea. I could see other items also gaining transformation skills, since that's a programmed mechanic that doesn't get used often.
I'd like that, potentials are really fun anyways, perhaps while in Shine Knighting, the Shine Sword itself becomes a casting tool for mercalan based spells.
I want magical girl transformation cutscenes for transforming.
"Spoops" Wrote:I'd like that, potentials are really fun anyways, perhaps while in Shine Knighting, the Shine Sword itself becomes a casting tool for mercalan based spells.

Honestly, that benefit alone from Shine Knighting would be enough to convince me to switch to Shine Sword.

Part of the issue why Shine Sword gets such disregard is that you'd probably only want it with a Curate build or a Black Knight, but both promotions for Curate heavily entice players to get a spear if they weren't intending to use a tome, Priest especially so with God Rod as a factor. Meanwhile, Black Knight has plenty of better alternatives for something that's only going to provide extra damage based on Light Attack they probably don't have much of.

At least in my experience.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
lets give all the spell edge weapons magical girl transformations.........
I demand a magical girl transformations for all spell edge weapons and an event around a team of characters each using one of the spell edge weapons and their respective transformations to fend off the Super Spacenoid from rampaging through Cellsvich.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
I actually can use Shine sword fairly effectively with my build, this would be amazing if implimented.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Neus" Wrote:I think making it an item potential skill for an often mocked weapon would be the best idea. I could see other items also gaining transformation skills, since that's a programmed mechanic that doesn't get used often.
Prepare for everyone on the server to use shine sword then. The reason I started this thread was because Priest is rather lackluster when compared to Hexers, hence why we have a shitton of Hexers. That's rather very cheap and overboard for 1 potential considering the others so far do nothing to that extent and also considering death knighting has to invoke to do it.
Actually priest is pretty good, pardon the off-topicish comment but priest is among the better spell casting classes, its just that priest is not as offensive or detrimental to one person as Hexer is, which a lot of people like to have offensive based builds, probably for good reason.

I don't suspect Shine Sword would be the most popular thing since sliced bread if its limited to being an invocation still, the scaling is rather lackluster and sub-handing it dis-allows 2hand, which is a very strong talent right now, but it would allow the weapon to fit a few more builds than it does now, there's no harm in trying it.
It also requires grinding to make work so seems like a good idea to test out.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water