Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item Belt changes related to Potions
The changes on Item Belt were a little too impactful on those who don't bet on Curate to be supports in combat, such as Engineers who make use of potions to help their allies. While this solved the problem with Healing potions almost completely, it was a ''Sturm Shriek'' in the gut of 'Item Belt supports', because the slots are now way too limited to the point it's impossible to balance between having healing potions and the other ordinary potions, such as Liquid Courage, or Mind Enhancers, not even being an Engineer with the Toolbelt innate skill.

I've discussed it a bit with some people and came to a thought, also including the fact that it was said that Bombs are supposed to not work like Potions, at the usage part, they consume from your inventory, instead of from the Item Belt, right? That means it is still possible to revert the changes to specific items. So there's what I think it would make everything more fair for non-Curate supports:

Quote:Can the changes made to the Item Belt only apply to Healing items, such as Stabilizer, Regenerative, Hi-Potion (and their Prescribed versions) and Sal Volatile?

Or, if this is not so appealing, there's also another proposal for this, since Engineers were the only ones who took the heavy hit here due to those changes to the Item Belt, just to give their theme of 'multiple usage' back:

Quote:Can the Engineer's innate skill 'Toolbelt' be changed to +2 slots per rank, instead of +1 per rank, and at max rank, it reduces the Momentum cost for using Items by 3M (minimum of 1M)?

Whichever seems more fair, I do think this should be looked at. Supporting shouldn't be limited to Curate only. I'm not fond of the second proposal myself and would rather just see the changes only applying to Healing potions, so supporting via Potion use can stay intact and strong, especially in big combats where you need to dish out help to 3 other party members as an engineer.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
How about Potions that take differnt amount of space in the item belt?

Something like a limited stack per slot ala:
-3 throatopener Take one slot
-2 High potions take one slot
-1 PR-High potion takes one slot

Or simply give them a Value in which they determine how big they are on the item Belt, so the smaller less useful or situational potions just cost like 0.25 or 0.5 Space of the item belt?
Limited stacks directly related to their 'level' would be nice. The normal potions would be usable 4x per slot, any healing potions or stat-buffing would stay at 3x per slot, and Prescribed-level potions would be 1x per slot.

It's also a good alternative too, but whichever is easier to implement is what I would go for.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]