Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] Holy Schmoly
Holy seems to be the most common enchant right now for just about any weapon, its super safe to throw onto any weapon because it really has no downside and a huge up-side against the right target, 75% more damage with the talent, while I love the concept of it being able to punish the stronger races like Vampires and possessed, I don't really think it should be a throw on and forget sort of enchant.

Holy is a bit of a problem as an enchant, it offers little wiggle room when deciding on your enchant.

Do I use holy or rampaging? Holy.

Do I use holy or volcanic seed? Holy.

Do I use holy or vorpal? Probably holy.

So it takes away from the enchant diversity because its such a safe enchant to throw onto any weapon, because it deals ludicrous amounts of damage as a reward.

I'd like to discuss the possibility of what you can do to prevent the 'throw on and forget' mentality, as it takes away from the impact that is being discovered as a nasty vampire or spirit goer, and is instead just a nuisance you have to deal with when facing four out of five people.

Some ideas in the past like lowering the damage against non-holy susceptible targets were promptly met with criticism, so here's a discussion piece, lets go.
Make it do less damage vs non-vampires and non-spirit users, the full opposite direction. 75% less damage. Or maybe half that.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
No enchant has a downside. Curses and Dooms do.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
That doesn't take away from the point here Sawrock, But I see where you're coming from, Holy does an absurd amount of damage with Devotion's sub-talent that boosts it and many people theming or not tend to run it, having it be 1.5x again would at least be a start.

But truly, I think that the problem with holy is like all problems with enchants that just straight up grant damage, why wouldn't you run it? Maybe Holy falls under the same premise that old blessed and rebelling had, in that its just a damage enchant so there's no reason to run anything else.
My opinion on this is pretty plainly reflected in this old thread. I'd prefer it lose strength against non-possessed so it can retain its power against people who don't bother trying to obscure Vampirism or spirits.
+1 to the idea of 'reverse damage effect' vs enemies who don't fall under the categories of Ghost, Possessed, Vampires and Undead.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Probably lower the damage overall and have it take Faith to determine the damage multiplier.
That's okay too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That'd be good yeah, having it tied to faith at least doesn't make it the all-encompassing enchant of ages.