Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asura Cannon
Its still absolutely bonkers damage, but I can agree with at least making it way less spammable with an FP Cost increase and the other things Kameron brought up, that being said I'd be lying if this thread wasn't a little bit of salt inspired, but that doesn't mean the points brought up in the thread are invalid either are they?
No they aren't the fact that it ramps up to full damage in 4 hits is atrocious right now, and that in just two turns of asura spam, you can get hit by a rank 8 grand upper.

The damage itself isn't the problem, its the sturm generation.

Ghostwind does more damage than Asura fist right now
150+168 (haunting) on prinny vs 220 (rank 8 sturm) on prinny with 15 power 90% str scaling weapons on my 48 res 45 cel build.

But ghost wind doesn't fuel a whole classes stronger mechanics like a crack filled steam engine.
Ghostwind doesn't ramp up in damage like Asura Fist does, also Ghostwind itself has a bit too high scaling, but it also requires 2 stats to be the most effective.

The thread isn't about the comparison of ghostwind to asura fist, its just asura fist.
Whynesfelt deals with Asura Fist pretty easily. Don't have a strong opinion either way, otherwise.
I can see that, Whynesfelt would do very well vs Asura fist as boxers wouldn't have much else for a source of magic, I rarely see it these days but that'd be a very good check, do you think its possible we go for Kam's suggestion anyway if we're keeping the damage as is?

That Being: Remove sturm generation from casting it, leaving the sturm generation from hitting enemies and hiking the FP Cost up dramatically. (Maybe even add a 1 round cooldown for spam prevention)
It's easy to fix this. Just move the power around, if possible. This is the most dynamic way I can think:

Quote:Asura Fist:
- Consumes -1 Schwarz Sturm LV.
- No longer generates Schwarz Sturm LV on-hit.

Quote:Regenshauer:
- Generates +1 Schwarz Sturm LV.
- Can now be executed without the need of a target.
- If Regenshauer targets an enemy unit, it generates an extra +2 Schwarz Sturm LV, to a total of +3.
- If Regenshauer doesn't target an enemy. The FP cost is halved, as you are throwing punches on the air to warm up.

How about it, people? The idea came from, Orkam Drehen being a skill that rather 'unleashes the sturm built into you' than 'generates more storm', and theme wise, Asura Fist could be one way to release Schwarz Sturm too? (This way can also prevent Spellthieves from abusing this spell's high scaling, making it exclusive for Boxers.)

And the SS generation being moved to Regenshauer is because of two reasons, one, Regenshauer 'really' depends on Sturm to do any (in)significant damage, and to land a Regenshauer is quite hard because of the melee limitation, unlike Asura Fist, which can even be used at random to just build up sturm.

If anything, I'd rather see a Boxer using Regenshauer on the tile infront of them for a 1 Sturm built up, it makes more sense they throwing punches on the air for a 'warm up', rather than throwing a flying blast of energy and calling it 'boxing'. This, aside Regenshauer's relatively enormous FP cost.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Snake, that idea is idiotic.

As for Spoops, I could see Asura Fist losing its bonus SS on hit. That was mainly a feature of it to give it utility when it wasn't as powerful, but if Asura Fist is a good skill nowadays it isn't necessary. I could see removing it or giving Asura Fist a 1 round CD to prevent spamming it.
And I think 'Idiotic' was still a rather kind rating, tbh; The point of my bad idea was to stop people from using Asura Fist as a means to safely build up Sturm, because it doesn't make much sense in an IC perspective. Then I remembered Korkenzieher can also be used like this, a few lots of minutes later, and the point of my 'bright idea' went to the gibber. I wish I could had that deleted that before you read. Oh boy, what a sad late night. :oops:

Back on topic, my vote is on 1 round cooldown. Quite simple solution and still effective. The problem on those logs back then were that you could double-tap it for an easy 170-300-500 damage over the rounds. If a cooldown is there to impair the speed of it building up, that might give a massive opening to the enemy. (And Boxers will be forced to punch more.)
I think giving it 1 sturm generation only would alleviate the problem for the most part, the skill would still hit hard but it wouldn't ramp up as fast, nor would it be spammed as much simply for sturm generation, though I still think upping the FP Cost would help that too, instead of needing a cooldown.
Actually, let's just go with Spoops, enough with this needless clash of opinions. +1 to the post above and bury this thread.