Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skills Slots and Where to Equip Them
The skill pool system in general is trivial when you wanna encourage people not to spam things, and diversify fights and class setups to not be the same thing every time, maybe it should be removed instead at some point.
People are generally going to use the most optimal setup regardless. Getting rid of the skill pool size won't magically make people use skills they perceive to be unwanted or bad.
I always have hope that people generally like to not create a samey experience in IC fights but yeah you're right about that, which is a bit unfortunate.

What about the legend ink option? out of all of those, it seems to be the option you'd have to work the most towards, but be highly worth it in the end.
The issue with this kind of thinking- thinking that people will always only choose the most optimized skillset- is that it makes it so those of us that want to diversify ourselves and do really crazy, inefficient combos for the sake of style alone left without options.

I'm more than positive a large number of people do these crazy fun things that truly separate characters from the rest of the pack. Any of these options would be very much appreciated and is desperately needed so these kinds of characters can continue to exist without complete overhauls.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I'm quite sure that everyone here would be glad for anything more to help increase their skill slots. Option three would be the hardest to achieve, but possibly the best pay out.

I love making builds that are unoptimized and instead just -fun- to use. It's very hard to do so with certain set ups though. Please think this over a bit more.
"Neus" Wrote:People are generally going to use the most optimal setup regardless. Getting rid of the skill pool size won't magically make people use skills they perceive to be unwanted or bad.

However it would allow for people to have more choice in variety in terms of their abilities. A typical DH (especially in Destiny) can take up far more than 10+ skill slots in itself, usually around maybe 15 or so in itself. And that's counting the usual essentials in the class. Even on a character of mine who is a LB/Hexer (meaning they do indeed have a good mix of skill and will for status inflict; and the extra slots from Fluency's Spellbook), it's difficult to use most of the general arsenal I have on the character still all the same.

People are going to use the most optimal set up usually; yes. But that isn't the point here. The point is more so it's restrictive. Most 'set ups' in the game don't even take up that many skill slots to begin with. And I mean the rather easy, linear ones. It'd benefit more than it'd hurt as, either way, not like it'd stop said 'optimal set ups' anyways.

"Grandpa" Wrote:The issue with this kind of thinking- thinking that people will always only choose the most optimized skillset- is that it makes it so those of us that want to diversify ourselves and do really crazy, inefficient combos for the sake of style alone left without options.

I'm more than positive a large number of people do these crazy fun things that truly separate characters from the rest of the pack. Any of these options would be very much appreciated and is desperately needed so these kinds of characters can continue to exist without complete overhauls.

I am still with Grandpa on this one. In the end too, if it's implemented and is 'too much' or actually not liked by the player base, it's a quick remove anyways right? So why not at least test to see how people react to it; akin to what was done with the Item Belt adjustment that ultimately made most happy they didn't have to deal with unlimited Pre-scribed Hi-Potions everywhere?
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
Willpower should really be 1:5 instead of 1:10. Building WIL in any circumstance will only make you 'lose' skill slots. It doesn't do anything but give some FP and Status Infliction anyway. It's a weak stat to invest on.

If we imagine something like this, investing 100 points and somehow is still counting as 'scaled' ((This won't be accurate due to how things go beyond 40 points, but it's an example)):

50 WIL/50 SKI = 15 slots.
50 WIL/50 GUI = 15 slots.
50 SKI/50 GUI = 20 slots.
34 WIL/33 SKI/33 GUI = 16 slots.

If WIL was 1:5, instead:

50 WIL/50 SKI = 20 slots.
50 WIL/50 GUI = 20 slots.
50 SKI/50 GUI = 20 slots.
34 WIL/33 SKI/33 GUI = 20 slots.

That means, if you build WIL in any case, just for the sake of some FP, you'll be losing skill slots. And WIL doesn't even give much of a benefit to non-basic attackers. While SKI and GUI will always be present in one's basic attackers build. But basic attackers don't use skills as much as magic users or offensive skill users.

It doesn't make much sense for the people who don't need skill slots, to have skill slots, while the ones who need skill slots, not have them. WIL should really get this small buff so it stays toe-to-toe with SKI and GUI on the skill slot role, in my opinion. This seems to be my own personal concern about skill slots, and what the problem seems to really be. It's not that there isn't enough slots, it's just that WIL is doing its job poorly.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]