Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another Kadouha suggestion
So, I had an idea with Kadouha the other day and I decided to eventually bring it up here.

Instead of straight up altering its scaling, why not make it alterable by elemental impact effects? Those that use badges could have it switch out for something that makes it actually useable.

For instance: A MA that uses crits, but also uses monk for GG/KA would use a Jupiter badge to switch its damage out for lightning, giving it a chance to crit and add the lightning damage to it instead of light attack.

Strength based/Setting Sun merkers would be able to use a Mars badge to over-ride the light damage with fire attack, enchanting it with Nerhaven to replace the effect.

Dodge monks could use the CEL badge to make it a wind based attack.

The effects of the elemental impact would replace the current light scaling when it becomes active, removing light damage from it and replacing it with whichever badge the user was wielding at the time.
Now I know this could be a potentially stupidly OP thing, especially for those of us with ridiculously high amounts of elemental damage but to counter that, it could have a clause added where the effect only takes hold with 30 Ki Kadouhas, that way it would act like the finisher it's supposed to be, we'd not be blowing our 30 Ki for a fancy light show.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
Sadly, it won't fix the part where Kadouha is still a waste of momentum as it does less damage than a Maneuver: Kick. Waste of an effort to implement, in my sincere opinion.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
A lot of the reason why Kadouha doesn't do a lot of damage is because of its light scaling in general, replacing it with the wielder's badge at 30 ki with their element of choice's scaling should alter the damage accordingly, unless the light damage part of the scaling was removed entirely since using light as a monk is already ridiculously rare and leaves the monk with two skills they can actually use. (Kadouha and Light Tomahawk) even then I'm pretty sure Kadouha still sucks out the ass. The skill needs a rework, and this seems like a valid way to implement something new to it that might make it worth running instead of simply taking up space in our skills.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
Like my last thread I'd rather it just straight up get more damage, there's nothing wrong with it being a light ATK investment, even black knights have light ATK and wind ATK investments as side-builds, its just not very worthwhile to ever use kadouha though.