Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to go easy on you... [Tekagen usage buff]
[Image: 758TSYvQRm6VlabXGCcFJQ.png]

Can Tekagen use WILLPOWER, for the most of the things it does? So:

Quote:Tekagen:
- Reduces all of your stats by (Scaled WIL)%, except VIT, SAN, APT and WIL.
- Grants 5 + (Scaled WIL * 2) HP/FP recovery.

(optional)
- Increases Evade by (Scaled WIL * 2)/Grants 'Lesser Evasion'. (LV = Scaled WIL, max. LV25).

You're holding back, but what for anyway? Buying time? It should have a benefit behind it. And by 'holding back', Tekagen makes it seem like the Kensei is calming down and meditating in the middle of the fight, fighting with their eyes closed and a peaceful smile as their spiritual energy overflows, or something fancy like that, so that's why I thought 'WIL' could determine most of what's happening.

That aside, Kensei don't have reasons to build WIL anyway, so this might give them one.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Are you sure you want tekagen stacking glykin tanks regenerating 150+ health every turn? This is an interesting idea, but it could get broken incredibly fast.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Other than Glykins becoming that much more of a super threat with HP regen in exchange for being gimped, one thing sets me off. Destiny Duelists could stack this with Wraithguard, and become ubertanks that regen fucktons of HP and FP per turn. I like the idea, but thinking about it more in detail kind of ruins it at that front.
[Image: unknown.png]
It would still lower all your other stats, making you weaker, making your tankiness weaker.

Reducing your max hp.
"Grandpa" Wrote:Are you sure you want tekagen stacking glykin tanks regenerating 150+ health every turn? This is an interesting idea, but it could get broken incredibly fast.

Yeah, I am. I also thought about the possibility, but nothing other than "What Glykin Tank is gonna be retarded of having their DEF/RES/LUC/SAN (Defensive stats and status resistance stats) lowered for just a maximum of +55 HP recovery per round on top of their own, if they can just use better healing utensils from Curate and still stay tanky and almighty?"

It's Kensei we're talking about, they have no other defensive utility but damage. Plus, if the enemy have Interference, using Tekagen will just be them shooting at their own feet, as they won't have ways to block a status infliction properly (due to Tekagen reducing FAI).

"GSM" Wrote:Other than Glykins becoming that much more of a super threat with HP regen in exchange for being gimped, one thing sets me off. Destiny Duelists could stack this with Wraithguard, and become ubertanks that regen fucktons of HP and FP per turn. I like the idea, but thinking about it more in detail kind of ruins it at that front.

Tekagen's last suggestion was optional to compensate for the crippling reduction in all of their stats, and 'Evasion' to give it the extra utility of synergy with Flottement.
And no, if anything, Ghosts will probably make the worst use of Tekagen. Reduced HP = More WIL = More stat reduction, leaving you even more open, at the cost of just a few more numbers in the HP/FP regen.

And at you two above. If you have any better suggestions, don't hesitate to post opinions.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't mind Tekagen getting a buff, since the only use it had a while ago was double turning with the CEL changes it caused. But I also think it shouldn't reach incredibly high HP/FP regen numbers.

If anything, I'd make it Scaled WIL/2 instead of Scaled WIL*2.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
I think I'd actually use Tekagen if this was the case. It's a less drastic cut unless you build will, and the benfit is boosted by will. As such, you can manage all kinds of builds, like one that keeps Tekagen on all the time with low will in order to get some bonus FP regen in exchange for some stats, or heavy burst builds with high will that basically use Tekagen as a battery between all out assaults.

The HP recovery could possibly be a concern, though; doing 1/2 will instead of 2x is a good start, but it may require removing the HP heal if the MP heal is potent.
*loud burp*
Yeah Tekagen lost his only real reason to be used, which I already mentioned in the topic regarding turn order Cel.
And I was always hoping the wil reductions get removed cause it´s silly to "Use less power and exhaust half your FP".

So Uh what I would probably do is more along the lines of

Quote:Tekagen:
- Reduces all of your stats by (50% -Scaled Will/3%), except VIT, SAN, APT and WIL.(I feel havig a better mind should give you a better sort of awareness not you shutting yourself down more and 33%ish stat reduction is still massive.)
- Grants 5 + (Scaled WIL) HP/FP recovery. (Times two is pretty strong when I look at my Will kensei that would be 101 passive regen in both FP AND HP thats quite even for the massive downside, so I rather reduce the downside a bit for an still stong effect)

(optional)
- Increases Evade by (Scaled WIL*2)/Grants 'Lesser Evasion'. (LV = Scaled WIL, max. LV25).
Tekagen should just be a universal skill that everyone gains after defeating Kinu 1 (or for level 30+ characters), rather than something you have to put Kensei on and pump SP into for.

I also don't see why Tekagen has to be viable at all. It's there as a power limiter, not a power trade-off. Adjusting it as per OP's suggestion would push it straight out of 'holding back against someone who's far weaker than you are' and straight into 'unlimited regen tank works'.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
It uhh, really should be a skill that lowers raw combat stats instead of stats, due to some double turn cheese thats not so secret anymore.

For example it could halve SWA, Elemental Attack, Evade, Phys. DEF, Mag.DEF, Status RES, Critical, Flanking, Critical Damage, but not Hit.

This way you can sort of simulate the effects of holding back, there's more to this though.

As you would be holding back in a sense, it wouldn't take as much effort to pump out skills, while under the effects of Tekagen, offensive skills have half FP cost as well.

Instead of this, weird hybrid that'll only serve use to WIL glykins.

Also if possible, I agree with Chaos in that it should be a skill everyone gets after beating Kinu 1 or Kinu 2