Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home and Back Again
Leaving a house too quickly after claiming it from an empty lot will cause the player to be warped into black space, unable to see see anything but the hud. Upon reconnecting and loading, they will be sent to the spawn area.

[Image: 84eba3b07da023f685a36830d7b4ec40.png]
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Define too quickly?
I quite literally tried to step one tile off the exit and leave as quickly as possible because I was rushing. So basically imagine clicking the Yes to claim the house, and then immediately pushing Up-Down on the Arrow Keys to get back out.

Aftereffect was that the house didn't even register to my character, despite being claimed and having my name on the door. Could not enter the house, because it was locked. Checked ticket status, no house found and reset. Could still access House Options despite resetting the ticket.

Got that sorted out, at least.

I can't imagine what kind of race condition I caused by doing that, so I don't know how you'd fix it. Maybe a very minor delay before a house exit becomes usable upon being spawned. (2 Seconds or so?)

It was a bit too bizarre of an occurrence to really spot the full cause of it.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
I don't think it's a race condition, it might be a different issue entirely, or some funky one off. Let me know if it ends up being reproduced somehow.