Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellish Summons
I'm just going to be quick and concise on this matter. Summons have ridiculous as hell scaling, currently. And, due to the fact that CEL determines initiative order in a weird way (though i'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter either way), they are able to just absolutely ass blast whoever is your unfortunate victim.

Critical Hit! Black-Haired Vagabond attacks Brown Haired Trainee with Rusty Blade and hits them!
Brown Haired Trainee takes 103 Slash physical damage. (Rusty Blade)
Black-Haired Vagabond's turn.
Critical Hit! Black-Haired Vagabond attacks Brown Haired Trainee with Rusty Blade and hits them!
Brown Haired Trainee takes 105 Slash physical damage. (Rusty Blade)
Brown Haired Trainee's turn. Fast Offense
Brown Haired Trainee's turn. Geist Schritt (Zwei, I think)
Brown Haired Trainee's turn. End Turn
--- ROUND 1 ---
Black-Haired Vagabond recovered 11 HP.
Black-Haired Vagabond recovered 10 FP.
Brown Haired Trainee recovered 45 HP.
Brown Haired Trainee recovered 18 FP.
Brown Haired Trainee's Geist Schritt was waiting for Black-Haired Vagabond's Absolute Death, making it miss the mark!
Brown Haired Trainee's turn.
Seiryuu's turn.
Brown Haired Trainee recovered 3 FP.
Black-Haired Vagabond takes 140 Wind magical damage. (Hunter Wind)
Black-Haired Vagabond is being hunted!
Seiryuu's turn.
Black-Haired Vagabond takes 171 Wind magical damage. (Hunter Wind)
Brown Haired Trainee's turn.
Chun's turn.
Black-Haired Vagabond takes 138 Fire magical damage. (Fire Jet)
Chun's turn.
Brown Haired Trainee's turn. (Install Drowned Woman)
--- ROUND 2 ---
Brown Haired Trainee recovered 45 HP.
Brown Haired Trainee recovered 18 FP.
Black-Haired Vagabond recovered 12 HP.
Black-Haired Vagabond recovered 10 FP.
Black-Haired Vagabond takes 27 Fire physical damage.
Seiryuu's turn.
Black-Haired Vagabond takes 171 Wind magical damage. (Hunter Wind)
Seiryuu's turn.
Chun's turn.
The battle has ended.

This is just one excerpt, of likely many cases where this is just.. overbearing and insane.

Fast Offense is a MAJOR contributor to this, though that might be due to it likely being bugged and not working as intended. (Have 3 youkai, only 1 is bonded, so therefore you can use 3 youkai in total and all youkai summoned get +2 momentum)... Though spirits cause issue with that as well, since 6+1 = 7 and they can STILL have double-turn insta-act youkai.

I wasn't even the one getting fucked by this character, and I know that youkai doing 580 damage in 6m is ridiculous (especially with a slow summoner, so the youkai get to insta-act right after the summoner's turn)
tl;dr for a solution: Use Holy against him, because this guy is a spirit user.

We already discussed here about Fast Offense in one of the previous threads, go browser it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That's a thing. Another thing is that Turn Order is currently only using Base CEL, apparently? (Not even Quickdraws apply?)

So of course Youkai will pull that shit off easily at the moment. They don't get a majority of their CEL from APT like player characters.

May need to revise that first, then tackle Fast Offense again.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Aka http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...670#p26665
issue : Slow doomwall of summoner pulling youkai after youkai with fast offense and have overwhelming dps outmatching almost all

solution : use enchant on your weapon

I can't seem to find the thread mentioned, but that seems almost like a joke.
"Sarinpa1" Wrote:I can't seem to find the thread mentioned, but that seems almost like a joke.

http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...=20#p24758

And no lies. Spirit users get fucked against Holy enchant, and no 'buts'. They'll do insane damage, but will take the same dose of it right back at them the moment they start getting crit'd by 300-450 each hit. Bonus points if Kensei/Cobra. Or MG/Cobra Null Shell gunner to remove Fast Offense while it's on effect. Boxer can't do shit against Lead Storm, or Sidecuts.
I have a full tank glykin with no spirits and with 1200 HP with fast offense that can dish out similar burst damage to my full damage character, Sarinpa is right here, summoners are absolutely ridiculous when built as doomwalls, cause there's not much offense needed, build FP, get a high mage's cape, be a bonder, summons do the rest for you as you cant die, and share their pain and unsummon them to get them to safety.

Fast offense is the hugest offender here, but partially maybe summons should scale from the summoner somewhat.
taking down the summoner fast enough to not die to youkai is nigh impossible when facing a doomwall. It doesn't even have to be a glykin with its idioticaly high regen. Null shell? Slow summoner. Next. 300-450 crits on a tank? Que. I don't even take that much from excel crits.

Let's target youkai.

okay, you got rid of them, poor summonerlad is outta youkai.

And you're mostly, if not completely, dead.
Just uh. As a note.

I'm pretty certain you don't need a spirit to do the shenanigans that occured in the log above. Considering the wording is this.

Quote:Imbues yourself with quick arcane energies. For 3 rounds, when you summon a Youkai, it gains Momentum equal to 1+Rank, allowing it to act immediately. (Youkai must normally wait a turn after being summoned to act.) If you have only one Bonded Youkai, it gains an additional 2 Momentum.

And since I know you can have 1 bonded youkai and still have 2. It might be that you can summon 2 youkai in 1 turn and they both have 8 momentum for that one turn.

So, unless that's just poor wording (and this isn't a thing that occurs)... Even still. "It takes a spirit to make this ability completely and utterly broken." should not be countered with "WELL A SPIRIT MAKES YOU POSSESSED AND HOL--"

Dev has said in the past that he was thinking about nerfing Holy to only work with FAI. Other skills, that became utterly batshit insane with spirits were nerfed to just not be able to get spirits. (One-on-One, Weathered Body, Fleur, etc)

Most skills, with a spirit get increased weapon scaling, or increased elemental atk scaling. In the cash of bash, it becomes 0m (as far as I've been told). Skills that become overbearing because of spirits should be looked into, anyways.
Dude that was a bug, you can't single bond fast offense 3 youkai at once, I reported that.