Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wraithguard's cooldown
I promise this is my last Balance-Fu thread for the rest of the month. (lies)

Quote:Can Wraithguard's cooldown be reduced to 3 rounds?
or
Can Wraithguard Ranks 3/5 grant you -1 Cooldown each?**

(Because really, you have no reason to rank up Wraithguard beyond Rank 1, since it's activation chance is purely based on your RES + LUC. And it costing more points for a more efficient usage may make you have to reduce some other skill points in Haunting and possibly innate skills. And skill points for cooldown reduction seems fair, although IDK about how this can be implemented, but always good to have such system already planned, for the future.)

Added to that, you can steal Wraithguard with Cat Mask, you can dispel Wraithguard with Null Shell, and leave your opponent naked for 5 entire rounds. This is quite crazy when the Ghost is not a tank. The problem back there was when you could just refresh it anytime anybody took it away from you and keep it a permanent -30% damage reduction.

You just can't fight in groups as a Ghost anymore. And even as a tank Ghost, you can't survive Boxers or Arbalests anymore. Death got you good and for real this time.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think a 5 round cooldown for a 3 round duration is kind of overboard on top of the other nerfs ghost received. I think 3 rounds sounds more reasonable as well.
I think the 5 round cooldown for a heavy DR is quite fine, and gives worth to actually stealing the status, or nulling it away, I might suggest a 4 round cooldown at most, instead of 5 round.
Currently it's a 5 round cool down for a four round status in a game where it's easy to steal or remove the status

My change would be to change the cool down to 1 round after it is removed, might be hard to code
I'd go with 4 round cooldown as well. I'm completly fine with people stealing/nulling WG, because... that's what gonna happen to you if you fight people with those tools, anyways.
How about if you use Rebound when someone has Claret Call on them, it reduces the cooldown by 1 round?
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Currently it's a 5 round cool down for a four round status in a game where it's easy to steal or remove the status

My change would be to change the cool down to 1 round after it is removed, might be hard to code
[Image: 5ca6a4bd6f.png]
3 rounds.
3 rounds after use, sticks around for 4 rounds technically if you beat your opponents speed.
No Lolzy thats not how that works.
So 3-2 rounds if you are slower than your opponent (wasting a round)? with a 5 round cooldown. And the ability to just lose it/get stolen.....