Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FP Bandage
Bandages, currently, heal the entire party for 15% of their HP when used.

Is it possible for something similar to be made for FP? It can be less FP % regained, but it would be interesting and rather nice. Some sort of incense mixed with a plant that we can farm, or something (Shy Snow Flower seems to be what is used in blue potions, but no current way to get them outside of dungeoning)
Nope.
Level with us here dev. Have you ever tried to play Mage in the early levels? Your lack of fp kills your fun fast. At minimum give the pinks tower chest five blue potions for a start.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Even five blue potions is next to nothing; you need to get the FP regen and FP cost reductions (As well as the Witch Hat) ASAP and focus on a single element for the cost reduction with the tome, in addition to leaving spells at rank 1 for lower costs, to even have a chance of not running out of FP very quickly - and while the cost reductions being percentage based is great for very expensive spells (See: Invocations) it makes the impact lesser for basic spells.

"What about Chivalry? 5 FP per frontal hit, and with tactician, you can get two attacks in!" Great idea in theory, but spells do not count as weapon hits so they need to be basic attacks, and it becomes useless if you party up.

"The starter chest gives you food, use it." What's 2% of 50 FP? One. Per battle. Really helpful. "Just pump will and get to 100 FP asap!" Yeah, then it does 2, real freaking helpful." Even if you had the resources to buy better food at low levels, at those low maximums, the percentages healed would lead to miniscule numbers; at best, enough to cover one basic spell; nothing "advanced" like Air Pressure. If anything, the food in the beginner chest is more of a bitchslap than anything actually useful.

So... mind if I ask for a proper explanation as to why your answer is no, Dev?
*loud burp*
FP Bandages not being a thing is fine.

I don't even understand how getting 10% back (or 15%) of your 50 fp (up to 100) once/use is even being brought up.

Because that sure-as-hell isn't why I suggested this.
Raigen mentioned early game mages. I built on that. Nothing more.
*loud burp*
Food is a thing, though.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
If the FP for starting Mage characters is unbearable, that should be dealt with in another topic, not one about an FP version of Bandages, which would make FP management in dungeons trivial.

That being said, I have made a run as a fresh Mage character post-GR. FP wasn't an issue in the slightest.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Its because mages are deathly afraid of smacking things with books, despite how effective it actually is at low levels.