Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreal Estate
Straight to the point, we need more houses.

Alright, now I agree that right now mapping isn't a top priority as we have players that work on such for us (See: The amazing Cellsvich revamp in process) But housing still feels like a serious limitation in my eyes.

Now, I'd be a hypocrite if I went and said something along the lines of hurr durr ah can't find a house for muh family Because I have one, problem is because of this there are others who can't find a house, and I'm taking a slot up in a city where I'd rather not have one. Now, owning a property has become somewhat important to my character, for those of you who know who I mean then you know what it's used for (For those of you who don't, I play Barra and since he's a Martial arts instructor, he owns a Dojo in Cellsvich.) Anyway, I appear to be going off on a tangent here so I'll cut to the chase.

The only places with a substantial amount of houses is Cellsvich, Oniga and Chaturanga. Cellsvich is full, all 3 districts were completely tapped out last time I checked. Oniga has most of its east side available sure and that isn't a problem (unless you have IC reasons to not wanna live there. See: Racism against Onigans and all they stand for) and of course Chaturanga comes and goes with its housing. The problem is, for those of us that would rather not live in one of the major cities, or would prefer to freeze their IC asses off constantly places like Lispool (Which is a major city that severly lacks housing) and Voilegard (Not a major city, but a decent size village at least). These two specific places really lack in the housing department, and I know we have the ability to cover up our home's location with The house is a carriage ride away or It's there, but somewhere else ICly (Something I wanted to do with my own place, but haven't got around to.)

Anyway, to the suggestion itself,

Please for the love of whichever of the armada of gods we're following this week, can we see more housing introduced, or even add a limit to how many homes someone on the same IP can own over their keys (I know there's a few people who are basically real estate tycoons when you look at how much they own over their characters) This way, we'd have room for more individuals to own more properties instead of it being a select few buying up everything and leaving it to rot.

I know this sounds ranty as all hell, but someone had to bring it up. Ah thank you.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
This is actually quite a bit of an issue. And I say that as someone owning not just one house on the map, but three, all of which are adequately and frequently used. Owning multiple houses is bad and from that I'm already stepping dangerously close to hypocrisy as is. And I would, despite how annoying it'll be for my own case, rather want a limit on how many houses one can own on the map if it means everyone gets to enjoy having one.

Whether or not people would find different ways to circumvent an IP block is something entirely different, but it's a start. That being said, having more housing on the map would be lovely, too, which is by far, for obvious reasons, my preferred solution to the problem. Provided it isn't another block of housing like the ugly Cellsvich wards.
As someone that has tried to find a house for a while and come up completely fruitless on all fronts, I support this.

I mean, come on, the forest nobody ever uses has all of its houses booked.
The forest in particular is an example of a wanted area. A lot of people would pay an arm and a leg for one of those houses, the same for the Coastal Cove.
I have genuinely offered to actually pay Murai on several occasions for someone to house switch with me for either Voilegard, Lispool or the Cove. It's getting pretty serious at this point with the lack of housing.
I can't believe this thread isn't called Unreal Estate.

Jokes aside, all houses are actively used due to the way the housing system works now, so offering more houses where ever possible would be good too.
Quote:I can't believe this thread isn't called Unreal Estate.

Are ya sure now? In all seriousness though, even with the ones being actively used there aren't enough to cater for all the donators, let alone those who buy Asagos from other players.
Island housing? From dormeho
That'd require adding another map entirely, but it would be nice to get some islands off the coast that aren't the illusive "player islands" or whatever. Although I'd much rather see the likes of Hyoya and Karaten mapped before that, as well as the other continents not yet mapped (Alstalsia especially for story reasons)
I'm not sure what kind of flexibility I have right now with the Cellsvich Revamp, but I can possibly add more houses somewhere without editing the housing districts that are currently in place (as in making a new district or just putting some in the center of the town somewhere). As for other areas, I could possibly make new maps with houses if I'm not super lazy.