Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castles and you.
As Sarinpa stated in the suggestions thread we'd like a way to view battles in castles where the large wall obscures view of the camera centered in the middle. This prevents joining battles as well and can ruin rp sometimes.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Couldn't it be possible for observers to just look through walls, it causes problems when viewing pvp battles with smokescreen and walls (Also im sure this sounds like a suggestion, but bug works.)
"Spoops" Wrote:Couldn't it be possible for observers to just look through walls, it causes problems when viewing pvp battles with smokescreen and walls (Also im sure this sounds like a suggestion, but bug works.)

Well ya see, it got no attention as a suggestion so Sarinpa said "Maybe if this was in bug reports it'd get fixed." So I took her advice.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Well, like Spoops said, this would potentially ruin PvP situations where there's limited visibility. Does moving the camera help fix this at all? (Ctrl + direction)
In Castle maps where this is a problem, the map is too small to be allowed to move the camera, since that function's apparently only meant for battle maps larger than the screen. Move camera currently fails if the edge of the battle map in the direction moved is already within a certain distance, not because the center of the screen (the observer's view point) has hit the edge.

So on a Castle map, you can't get out of the box in the center of the map as an observer. If observers could move the camera center to any tile, that would fix the issue.

And obviously, don't allow that freedom of camera movement for actual participants. I believe Spoops was pointing out that observers watching said PvP battles couldn't see what was going on, given he suggested letting observers see through the walls.

Even so. If people observing PvP to scout for participants becomes a problem, or maybe as a cautionary measure ahead of time, you could restrict 'free' camera movement to PvE battles.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Sooo... The solution would be expanding the size of castle maps?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Or simply allow camaera movement on smaller maps, making your "Spectere" not only in the middle of the map but allow them to move with new line of sight and stuff.

That way we won´t have the same problem with Custom maps.