Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Point Greaves Auto-Enchant
Exactly what it sounds like. For the Verglas class, could we have a skill that lets us start with Ice Point Greaves on? It would make playing the class considerably more enjoyable, and it doesn't strike me as absurdly overpowered or anything.
Firstly, Ice Point skills are skills and not magic, so this can't be exactly possible without another condition attached to it. We've discussed this before, the most optimal way to tackle this is lowering all Ice Point skills's momentum cost to 2M.

This way, you can create an Ice Point, and use Ice Point Greaves/Ice Point Guard, for a total of 4M and still have 3M to act. All just because it's not really worth a 6M of preparation, Ice Point Guard got nerfed, and Ice Point Greaves doesn't do satisfying damage or has overbearing effects.

And about the discussion, it never came to a close, but it's still something very necessary, no?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree with lowering ice point skills to 2m, winds already exist as 2m buffs, I don't see why ice point/guard/greaves shouldn't, they're very core to what verglas does.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Does Kameron have any input on what this might impact unexpectedly, if anything?
As in, bugs? I can't think of any interactions it might have that would physically crash the game. Ice Point Greaves aren't strong enough for this to really be an issue either, in my opinion. The most you can get out of this is Rapid Kick spam, or janky setups for Expanding Ice. Given that Verg is already extremely SP hungry, I don't see this changing much of anything if it went in.

If you were just being facetious, well, my bad.
No, I just wanted your honest opinion on if something like this would be too strong of an addition to the class.