Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infinite Sustain
So, we discovered a bug when I was in an IC spar. Here's how it went.

I was winning in a PvP match against someone with the Gravedigger enchant, and I made sure to get rid of his Last Chance a la Ghost when I took him down to 0 HP, and thusly became Unmarkable. JUST before he went down, he summoned a Kilkenny (lv9, so I didn't see a reason to pursue) and made it wander to the edge of the map.

What this did, though, defies anything I can explain. For two or three straight rounds, he revived due to Fear being always on him (Black Knight's Sudden Death and doing more than half of his total HP in a hit), only had to deal with Badly Beaten, outsped me, and nearly won the match were it not for 3 or so onlookers pointing this out as a bug as they saw it.

So, since nobody's pointed this out, I'll just post this.

tl;dr: Gravedigger is infinite if you're feared and you have any ally at any distance away from you, so you literally can't lose a battle unless you kill everyone on the team.
[Image: unknown.png]
Sounds like it's working as intended

Dev logic, You yourself are treated as an Ally to yourself for aura effects that affect allies.

Enchantments
Gravedigger (Special) - On New Round: If you are Feared, nearby allies who are incapacitated are revived with 35 HP.

Allies
Other players, yourself, youkai, summonables, mercenaries, certain story npcs.
If so, it should atleast consume the fear Status and give you 1 round immunity to fear, so you aren´t virtually immortal till the rest of the team is down.
Which probably is even worse when all of them have it.

I was the person in question, my original intention was to speculate for Die hard actually instead of gravedigger to work. Then noticed I am pretty much immortal.
While you are pretty much unable to act after the second time you get up, since you are at 2M, it´s still kinda silly.
Pretty sure you don't count as your own ally.

Just saying.
You count as an ally to yourself for literally every single aura/lantern/charisma effect in the game.

why would this be any different.

this should be in balance fu not bug reports.
For Charisma, you did not count as your own ally.

Quote:A magical flame that resides in the lantern of the Lantern Bearer. It causes lantern spells to have a lingering effect that increases certain statistics equal to the Flame Strength. If Lantern Bearer is your Main Class, Eternal Flame is always active as long as it is equipped. If it is your Sub Class, you must activate this skill, and it is active for a certain number of rounds.

This does not say allies anywhere on it. It simply says an aura.
I argue its not a bug because most game systems, table tops, ect treat yourself as an ally to yourself for beneficial effects.

Grave digger should be changed to consume fear/ and / or / have a rng chance to fail/ and / or / give a status stopping future grave digs for a duration.

we could call the status freshly risen.

because "Fixing" it by treating it as a bug doesn't fix the balance issue of just two schmucks with it equipped.
It has the same bug that literally all "closeness" things happen if it is within a set range (and not an actual status effect aura). It uses your closeness, pre-battle to determine it.

(See: Aegis, and I guess this). Fixing that, then making it only affect allies would work.
Closeness has absolute nothing to do with this at all.

Grave digger brings allies back to 35 hp while you are feared.

It currently brings yourself back to 35 hp aswell since you are treated as an ally to yourself.

It would be a closeness bug if the youkai was the source of gravedigger, but it isn't.
Bug or not, doesn´t really matter.

I purpose to add a simple Stauts to the person who was Risen by this effect to prevent Multi-ressurection and call it a day.