Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fisticuffs
a buff to boxer? sacrilege

Could using a regular Basic Attack and Sub-Attack not break your Sturm, two reasons for this:

1.) Opens up more versatility with sub-class for boxers

2.) Makes Boxer vs Boxer less mindless than "Always use skill geist, or they lose all their sturm, win/win."

I think Geist Schritt from Boxer is still a bit overtuned, but this buff won't break the class I think, and only serve to make it a bit more fun to play.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
How dare you speak off Buffs to Boxer-

I mean sure why not. Maybe also just fist weapons since hitting with a sword isn´t much boxery.
I mean, it was mostly just to help maintain sturm and not make your subclass entirely irrelevant, one of the least fun parts of making a boxer is deciding sub-class as it really only has to be used for passives if you wanna make use of everything but Geist Schritt.

Either way I'm fine but I don't think it could be highly abused, how about this:

Melee basic attack and sub-attack only apply, ranged attacks break sturm.
it really would be nice to have some sort of option for a basic attack boxer. i've had a character for ages that does the punchy-punchy thing icly who can't be a brawler because god-fist autohits only???

an entire tree of skills for a basic-attack brawler would be nice, like a passive that gives you a bonus for using attack and sub-attack in the same round with two fist weapons (the ol' one-two) or such.

but i feel like it should definitely be restricted to fist weapons only, and i have some concerns about boxers trying to dagger dance with the cobalt q-tips (is that a thing you can do with those?)
Boxers should be able to punch. It also gives use to Scharfe, which is a Boxer skill that buffs basic hits.

I do agree that Fist weapon basic hits shouldn't break Schwarz Sturm's build up, now that they're not getting SS levels so damn fast like before thanks to the nerfs. And non-fists? Only if you have Mixed Martial Arts (MA passive skill) equipped.

So +1 to the OP, if MMA Passive is considered.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm feelin this. Cause even Akihiko had some good basic attack damage when used right.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
It just makes no sense to be a fully autohit themed class, yet have a skill that gives Flatfoot and +hit bonuses, iirc. +1.
[Image: unknown.png]
"GSM" Wrote:It just makes no sense to be a fully autohit themed class, yet have a skill that gives Flatfoot and +hit bonuses, iirc. +1.

My thoughts exactly. Please let us basic attack.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I actually think that as long as basic attacks aren't giving sturm, and just don't break sturm levels, any weapon should be fine as the whole point is to promote diversity in choosing your sub-class for boxer, its kind of limited in a sense right now.
Sturm levels also increase basic attack damage, I believe. I don't think it's a great idea to be able to sub Boxer for a big damage boost to basic attacks.