Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gentle Embers: Phoenix
Can we have Phoenix changed a bit in it´s general use?
currently you do Heal with it and can´t use Phoenix on for 3 rounds again, which is fair cause it´s a powerful healing.

But if you want to use Phoenix as an Offensive skill, using Imbuestrike, you have a problem cause switching between Latern auras back to Light isn´t as easy. So I thought how about this:

Quote:-Phoenix deals Light magic damage when Gentle Embers is turned off but also has no Cool Down.(maybe lightshafts as effect?)
-With Gentle Embers on, it turns into what Phoenix does currently: Heal/Revive/Cool Down.

That way latern barears also have a solid light source damage (Outside Focused beam of course) And Imbue strike users can easier switch between the Auras, while the current function of Phoenix Remains.

Probably need to get slightly increased costs however, cause the heal should most likely not get reduced FP costs.
Gentle Embers for Phoenix could be an extra percentage heal equal to rank*2% HP on top of Phoenix's heal? It might justify the cooldown.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Pheonix does not need to do any form of damage. Faith-based offensive power tends to be pretty powerful to begin with. An additional effect for Gentle Embers would be nice, though.
I don't exactly see how 'faith-based offensive power tends to be pretty powerful'. Especially when things like Dark Water exists, and the fact that they could just use other forms of defensive stats as offensive (not that faith is ENTIRELY offensive, or defensive).

So, I'd be all for LB gaining an actual damaging light attack for their lantern, and having Gentle Embers Phoenix heal.

That, or at the very least, Gentle Embers Phoenix reduce the level of negative status effects by 1 or something.
"Rendar" Wrote:I don't exactly see how 'faith-based offensive power tends to be pretty powerful'. Especially when things like Dark Water exists, and the fact that they could just use other forms of defensive stats as offensive (not that faith is ENTIRELY offensive, or defensive).

Faith is a stat that not only gives you potent attacking power through the Priest offensive skills, but gives you the resource expended to do it, crit-evade and status resistance.
Yes, it can be entirely invalidated through the use of Black Bubble or Dark Water, but having two instances of complete negation in the game does not = completely balanced, just like how the existence of Red Letter or Circle Ring doesn't mean either fire or ice should never be looked at again.

Regardless, things like Sanctuary and ravaged tiles exist to counter-act field effects, making it a cat-chase-mouse scenario of who can place down their field hazards first.
Why are Priest skills discussed when we Talk about Lantern barear?

My problem currently with Phoenix is, that I tried to build a Faith Martial artist who uses Phoenix Talon, but the 3 round Cool Down is absolutely crippling for the whole build. Like faith MAs arent fucked enough. (Also tried an Imbue strike light damage Reaper, also trouble some if I can´t switch the aura)

Also I believe that it´s fair for a curate promotion class to have light attacks.But I am fine with whatever, if we get some sort of interaction with it that allows us to switch to the aura. I don´t need the damage...I need the aura for additional effects!
He has a point.

Using Phoenix for anything but the healing is quite crippling at the moment. I wish the cooldown was only applied 'if' any healing occurred, which his suggestion does make sense for Phoenix to only heal on Gentle Embers, and actually damage with an AoE light damage.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Or we can just make another spell and not shove light damage on the poor, harmless Phoenix.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Or we could just not make another fucking spell (since light damage isn't the issue here. Phoenix Talon is)

Gentle Embers Phoenix will now heal and have a C/D, whilst normal phoenix will deal light damage. This will allow for multiple things to be fixed at once.

A) Spellthieves gaining an AoE Revive + Heal
B) Phoenix Talon to not be borked
I have to say I'm in support of the original idea here. Phoenix's current effect working under Gentle Embers while doing damage without it.

Light shafts would be a bit overbearing for the offensive effect though. I'd just say Glowing on enemies. Otherwise, there's going to be a hell of a lot of light shafts on the field if someone's spamming Phoenix offensively.

"Rendar" Wrote:A) Spellthieves gaining an AoE Revive + Heal

This is also a pretty fair point (in terms of removing this from being a thing.)
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]