Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summoner Problems
I think making them -too- tanky isn't a great idea, keep in mind that a Summoner can have quite a few of them at their disposal, and they can all be buffed/healed.
"Neus" Wrote:I think making them -too- tanky isn't a great idea, keep in mind that a Summoner can have quite a few of them at their disposal, and they can all be buffed/healed.
We are suggesting an HP increase because, in spite of whatever buffs/heals can be thrown on them, and no matter how many slots the Summoner has, there are quite a number of them that can be destroyed in very, very short order. (See: Within one round) Heals and Buffs do not work very well if the Youkai can't survive to receive them.

Beforehand, the power of Youkai skills made this issue tolerable, though it divided Youkai into 'Glass Cannon' and 'Slightly Less Glass Cannon'. Now that the skills have received a damage drop, the fragility of Youkai is much more apparent, and any Youkai that can't survive more than a round is in a gutter tier.

I would also like to remind that Youkai are susceptible to a few certain weapons, Interference Shell, Judgment Blade and Youkai Tamer, alongside their own sets of weaknesses. Even taking their resistances and immunities into account, players have enough options to where only the most hardcore of one-trick builds would have trouble.

I do agree that Youkai should get +(LV*2) to their HPs, so we can actually see Youkai receiving buffs/heals, and not just get royally demolished before they get the chance.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Yeah, LV*2 bonus HP to Youkai shouldn't make them incredibly tanky. It just means they're more likely to actually be alive when it comes to buffing / healing them.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Honestly at this point I'm curious to see this hp buff come through BUT all at once I'm worried about powergamed 700+ FP chars summon storming to flood people with even healthier than before youkai.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:Honestly at this point I'm curious to see this hp buff come through BUT all at once I'm worried about powergamed 700+ FP chars summon storming to flood people with even healthier than before youkai.
Summon Storm should have room to be disrupted. If it's too difficult to disrupt, then SS needs a bit of a nerf.

Assuming, of course, we are taking steps to stabilize Youkai survivability.
Usually it can be, but summoner allows for a lot of status res stacking between fairy ring x 3, faith stack, and not needing many offensive stats when relying on youkai to work over enemies meaning sanctity can be built up too. GRANTED this is an outlier-ish build, it's still easy to avoid being silenced if you just start up SS from a distance, sometimes you can do it in their face and still make it, since if I recall right neither knockback nor knockdown will stop invocations.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
In light of recently, I only noticed that I actually am apprehensive to summon certain youkai in battle without using Fast Offense, it's become such a near necessity that I'd forgotten what it was like without it. So I now am in agreement with adding some health to them so they get to at least attack some. Though I also say Phase Python specifically could use a bit of a damage increase, either that, OR grant it Evasion like players get. More leaning towards it dealing actually acceptable damage. I will be experimenting with it and get back with exactly how I can propose to help it.
Okay

instead of buffing youkai health, which is unneccessary because they need to be able to die.

youkai summoned without fast offense could be summoned with a summon shield, basically a passive for summoner that makes summoned youkai (summoned regularly) summoned with the guard status at rank*2 level
Honestly... a level 20 gaurd for 20% DR on that round they can't act sounds GREAT.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Okay

instead of buffing youkai health, which is unneccessary because they need to be able to die.

youkai summoned without fast offense could be summoned with a summon shield, basically a passive for summoner that makes summoned youkai (summoned regularly) summoned with the guard status at rank*2 level
Buffing Youkai HP doesn't make them suddenly immortal. They have holes in their defensive stats, inate weaknesses and anti-Youkai skills/equipment/etc. to keep them from ever being too much to handle while on the field.

The idea of making Youkai near-invincible on the same round they're summoned (w/o FO) is tempting. However, I honestly have to question if this will be a good long-term solution. It ensures that Youkai can act, but does nothing to really help with the unforgiving frailty that most Youkai have.