Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see right through you!
Well, another Geist Schritt thread since I can't find the old one / afraid of necroposting perhaps.

There seems to be a lot of complaints about Boxer's Geist Schritt as of late, mostly because it's very easy to cause its damage negation + momentum refund, since it's not so much a guessing game as 'using the most optimal dash.' People simply use the dash that's best for the situation at hand, rather than trying to make the other guess.

Not only that, but 100% damage negation is a rather strong aspect of it. Maybe too strong, in my sincere opinion, but there could be a solution to it.

Here's the options at hand:

A) Making it so whenever it suceeds, it is actually damage reduction instead of total negation, while keeping the momentum gain. Maybe something like cutting the damage by half. (50%)

B) The same as the above, except the damage reduction becomes 30%.

C) Removing the momentum gain and keeping the total damage negation. I am honestly not sure about this last one.

Thoughts?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
If you remove the momentum gain at the very least, this skill is fair.

As it stands right now its just a huge momentum shift, where in Fleur grants you momentum, Geist Schritt grants you momentum/free movement and denies your opponent of momentum, I think just removing the momentum gain is the best course of action for now.
I'd like to Geist become a 100% DR instead of total negation. This would allow secondary effects to work on them, which I feel would be more appreciated than getting 0 value out of whatever you did.
I'm willing to go with either A or C.
There's a section in my notes about making all Geist Schritts go on CD for 2 rounds if it doesn't trigger properly that is also an option.
Is it possible? That's literally what I considered last month in one of my GS (salt) talks in game, so automatically what I'd rather see around and support is the cooldowns being applied if a Geist Schritt fails to proc. (Everyone can use basic hits and autohits, every single class has a non-damaging/damaging skill that targets an enemy, so no exceptions.)

Also that all the nerfs wouldn't be needed until now if only Geist Schritt was toned down. Boxer might need a short adjustment to their damage (or FP costs, depends on what people want) in the future, imo. Magical Comet got nerfed, they can't reach over 110 SWA with any fists, AND, Evasion is further gibbing their damage. They're going to become worse than Verglas, damage vs FP cost wise, if Geist Schritt gets this nerf without an adjustment to their costs/damage.

If anything, I'd ask for GOT TEM HAND (Gotthand) to also ignore Evasion/Wraithguard, and get changed to 'at LV6' instead of 'LV4'. Raise their scalings becoming 125% minimum/135% maximum by default, OR, lower all FP costs of their offensive skills by like 15-25.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Neus" Wrote:There's a section in my notes about making all Geist Schritts go on CD for 2 rounds if it doesn't trigger properly that is also an option.

I actually think that on paper it'd be a good idea, in actuality it'd only cause players to only use skills that target locations like sidecut/crystal rose/korkenzier/shinken etc. just to force GS on cooldown

would this prevent that sort of abuse?
That's what Geist Schritt (Red) is for. When you're not targeted. What sucks is that if you're slower than your opponent, it kind of kills the utility it has, as it is right now. It's a sinless gap-closer that makes you get utterly mutilated by Cinders.

I wish it worked more like Setting Sun, where you can re-activate it on your turn to make a proper use (but having your Momentum refunded, or else it would kill the use of Geist Schritt (Red)).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
As previously mentioned, you do have a good idea on paper! I honestly prefer the CD route, so long as there's a way of handling the possible abuses brought up by Spoops.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Yeah, what Spo said pretty much.

Also since It´s probably hard to avoid this kind of stuff, I´d say remove Momentum gain aswell. It´s really not fair for what it does.