Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Not-Powerful
A regular normal mage -
>averaged out at around at 18 skill pool or less. This excludes the spell-book tome.

A regular void assassin -
>Averaged out at no more than 24 skill pools, This excludes spell-book tome.
-->Edit: I've made a mistake.
27, if you have Resourceful maxed out. Wink

Considering into considerations that most critters will use GUI, SKI, and LUC. These three stats, will be high. Thus, they are given more pathway toward getting more skills. Where Mages, get almost exact same amount of skill pools with tome. Though, their as of this current system.
Autohits can be 'evaded', which reduces the effectiveness of Mages tremedously, as it would take more time to try and eliminate a target.

Not to mention, only Lightning magic can crit as all other magic school cannot.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
"Snake" Wrote:This will probably be the third thread about WIL being underrated, skill slot wise. And I hereby agree.

WIL should be 1:5 instead of 1:10.

GUI gives more damage than WIL does, and extra hit on top of it. Same goes for SKI, with bows and guns. Why should Magic suffer?

I don't wanna beat a dead horse into a ground with an iron balance fu stick, but we already had this thread before and I'll state my piece again, which was making WIL be 1:5 instead of 1:10 because you can't really get much Spellbook aside which only gives about...5 skill slots, IF you have a tome equipped.

PROBLEM

Most people don't build mages, and even if they did it's still not enough to equip the spells they want, lets say you go destiny mage and go Hexer - Evoker sadly you'd only have like 16 (21) slots of for your spells, passives, etc. it's not enough.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
"Skullcatrons" Wrote:A regular normal mage -
>averaged out at around at 18 skill pool or less. This excludes the spell-book tome.

A regular void assassin -
>Averaged out at no more than 24 skill pools, This excludes spell-book tome.
-->Edit: I've made a mistake.
27, if you have Resourceful maxed out. Wink

Considering into considerations that most critters will use GUI, SKI, and LUC. These three stats, will be high. Thus, they are given more pathway toward getting more skills. Where Mages, get almost exact same amount of skill pools with tome. Though, their as of this current system.
Autohits can be 'evaded', which reduces the effectiveness of Mages tremedously, as it would take more time to try and eliminate a target.

Not to mention, only Lightning magic can crit as all other magic school cannot.

The average mage should have 18-20 skill slots without spellbook, should they desire more skills they can equip a tome in their mainhand and grab Spellbook which gives 5 skill slots, 23-25 skill slots is quite enough for mages in my opinion, this only becomes an issue with skill slot intensive classes like Demon Hunter and Verglas, but these are the drawbacks of said classes.

On a sidenote, I've provided a picture of my Destiny Mage's skill slots, which seems to hold up enough for that class combo specifically.

[Image: 037da1aec3.png]
Which you exactly provided is Destiny. We're not accounting for, and or discussing about the destiny. While Destiny expands your level to 50, and gives you more skillpools for being destined. We weren't even accounting that.

instead, we're accounting for non-destinys.

But since you wants to bring destiny to the table.

Then by that accords, a void assassin will have 33 skillpools. 38, If they equips a tome. Which is very unlikely.
[Image: XDo90hy.png]
"Skullcatrons" Wrote:Which you exactly provided is Destiny. We're not accounting for, and or discussing about the destiny. While Destiny expands your level to 50, and gives you more skillpools for being destined. We weren't even accounting that.

instead, we're accounting for non-destinys.

But since you wants to bring destiny to the table.

Then by that accords, a void assassin will have 33 skillpools. 38, If they equips a tome. Which is very unlikely.

That was a sidenote in response to an evoker/hexer, thank you for ignoring the other main point of my post though.
I'm a mage enthuaist. Be it make tanks, mage mages, etcetera.
Skill slots for mages are fine, for I've yet to run into issues. It's the nonmages that suffer a fair bit if they build for WIL. Because they will not have a tome. Would be a shame if this went through for different reasons than it seemed to have been brought up, yeah?

Either way, Spoopy did a good job with voicing what I'd be struggling to put together here so it makes sense.
Mages have to build Skill anyway to even hope to get around Evasion, or lose out on a significant amount of damage. If people min-max harder to get around this, it only makes them more specialized, no? Thus no need for 35 slots because the vast majority of your pool is sub-par to your elements anyway.

Gods forbid you can't fit two whole classes in without going Destiny.