Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's too big!
[Image: 4c92835472.png]

The problem is that you get this message when uploading a portrait. If I remember correctly, the actual limit is supposed to be 500-700kb for description pictures, though I could be wrong on that. Either way! The game might be under the assumption you're uploading a faceicon instead of a portrait.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a portrait that's more than 256kb in file size
2. Try to change your description picture to that
3. Watch the game think you're trying to use a faceicon.

If not a bug, could this be raised for description pictures, please? Portraits tend to be larger images is all.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Until that happens, try using tinypng.
Using tinypng isn't much more than a band-aid fix, in my opinion. I think both limits should be raised, personally. For both description images and face icons. I'm not sure if there are any issues that could come from doing that, except maybe it taking a bit longer to load someone's description, which I doubt anyone would really care about.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Same issues happen when you try and upload a song to a marching band. It squeals and says that senpai's file is to large.
This isn't a bug - the maximum file size is reflected in number displayed. The maximum image size for portraits is 256kb, as it says when you attempt to upload one.
Is there any hope of it being raised at all, for portraits?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I agree to the idea, raising both or atleast the portrait size limit could be a good call and make things somewhat easier
If your image is properly cropped it, it should fit within the size restriction easily.
Usually, yes. Keyword "usually."

I've had a few cases of images that needed to be severely slashed in quality to fit, though, even when cropped properly.

I'm talking like "Severe pixilation on the edges" kind of quality drops.
*loud burp*
I haven't run into problems with the restrictions thus far, I've been working with this stuff for years and off the top of my head the only way a picture gets bigger than 256kb at these dimensions is if you go way over the dimensions, like 2k+ resolution, or if you start incorporating gifs into your profile pictures.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]