Mage spell

Shock storm single target, has lightning crit chance to chain
rank 1 2 shots at 50% will + bonus
rank 2 2 shots same bonus reduced fp
rank 3 3 shots at 40%
rank 4 3 shots reduced bonus
rank 5 4 shots 35% will

Evoker spells ideas

Tentantively named wind spell, Line, pulls enemy towards evoker, chance to knockdown

Marked explosion, single target fire spell, marks a standard explosion onto the enemy. ( put on engineers medibot)

I cast boulder (joke name)
hurls a boulder at enemy doing will physical earth damage with strong knockback.

Shards of winter Aoe cone, if target is on an ice tile increased damage

Shock wave, Aoe lightning cone, leaves static tiles, lightning crit chance of taking lightning damage while moving or performing an action upon them.

Invocations
Blizzard, aoe ice storm that floats around map

Eruption
Aoe fire invoke

Sinkhole
small aoe entrapment earth invoke.

Wind tunnel
Line entrapment aoe

Lightning storm
lightning aoe, extra damage to magnetized enemies and those on static tiles.
Right now the kind of damage evokers are dishing out should be reserved for Rank A invokations, and I do believe that once they are introduced the spells we have now should be rebalanced to fit that ideal.
But other classes can match Evoker's 'DPS' easily.
" Rank A invokations"

You do realize that most crits deal way more damage than normal evoker spell. (And normal attacks often even match it.)
Evokers don't get bonus crit from weapons to ryemei.
Evokers have to spend 3 actions to dish out 1,5x damage
Equipment in the game allows flat reduction of the damage. (I have ~30% elemental reduction to everything except darkness and I'm not even trying to get good gear for that.)

But this is a conversation led one too many times and always ended up in favor "Evoker is fine."

Advanced invocations are a nice idea and the additional rank for lightning spell wouldn't be bad.
What I'd like to see on evoker would be sort of. . . . dualcasting. Or element combinations, whatever you like to call it.

Combining two spells at of course heavy FP cost and some sort of damage reduction (given you gotta focus on two spells at once) and likely 4 momentum.

Or perhaps new spells doing just that.
Two elements is just two chances for an element to be resisted. No thanks.
Idea for an evoker innate skill: Once per round, a resist against a source of magical damage the evoker made does not lower momentum?
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Evoker is probably the most minimaxed class in the game, but it's not really about power, it just makes them boring. Evokers do literally nothing to achieve all that damage, it all comes from passives and innates with a marginally small detriment. Even charge mind is just sitting still for a few turns, you do barely anything for a big payoff. Every other class at least tries to be dynamic with their respective features, but evokers... it's just mindless, so I can see how people still say they're too strong despite the numbers saying otherwise. Even their stat growths are effortless to the point where you can achieve 80 WILL at 60 with any race with a decent growth in it, and pretty damn close with all the others, especially after LE.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2984#p2984 Wrote:Argonus » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:27 pm[/url]"]Evoker is probably the most minimaxed class in the game, but it's not really about power, it just makes them boring. Evokers do literally nothing to achieve all that damage, it all comes from passives and innates with a marginally small detriment. Even charge mind is just sitting still for a few turns, you do barely anything for a big payoff. Every other class at least tries to be dynamic with their respective features, but evokers... it's just mindless, so I can see how people still say they're too strong despite the numbers saying otherwise. Even their stat growths are effortless to the point where you can achieve 80 WILL at 60 with any race with a decent growth in it, and pretty damn close with all the others, especially after LE.
I must be doing it wrong, since the only evo I've gotten to 60 twice barely manages to scrape up past 60 Base WIL

Nonetheless, Evoker is working as intended. The People asked for this. If you were here before we moved forums a while back, I would've directed you to the old topic in which Dev hosted a poll for the next promo class. Evoker, Magic Gunner, Artificer, Aquamancer, and Papillion (Yes, it was originally intended to be a class). Dev posted descriptions for each class, and to make a long story short, Dev described Evoker as the standard nuke class They're intended to be simple, albeit, I do agree they should have a bit more depth to them. But when Dev himself describes them as the average nuke class, there's only so much you can expect.
I was there during that poll and the descriptions were vague at best, that doesn't excuse Evokers from being so shallow, they could be made to have a lot more depth in the future, especially if we ever do get any sort of invocations around Rank A.
Invocation Rank A - Three full turns to dish out damage. That is counting with you using HSDW and immidietly chanting.

Why are you even. . . .

The innate Saw proposed is. . well I suppose it wouldn't hurt, but you usualy want to try and use a different element if you're hitting a resist. I guess it would nicely counter the whole standing on seartiles dooms your momentum for three rounds.

As for the whole "chance to hit two resists nothx" argument againts dual casting, I don't entirely follow why is that a reason to shun it. I mean, I could counter that with "two elements in one action I can test if he has resists for"