Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monoclassing.
Okiedoke, so there's like, this one mechanic of the game's classes that's pretty nice in concept, but in actuality, see's very little use. There's probably a couple things, but the one I'm talking about is Monoclassing.

One of the cores of Sigrogana Legend 2 is it's classes, and how you can mix two of them along with chosen skills in them, combining it with items and parts and everything - to make something unique to you, diverse. If you want to be more focused when it comes to classes, there's Destiny, which locks you to a certain set of promotes based on the base class, but doesn't leave you just more restricted, it increases your level cap.

Then, there's Monoclassing. There's a few perks for it. Additional skill slots, stat point benefits, and for Monk, you get some extra ki. Okay?

...Well, in a lot of scenarios, it usually takes - at least for me - two classes to be needing those extra slots.
The stat point bonus is a total of around eight more than others get. Which can be nice, but it's not very strong compared to when you can go another subclass and potentially get up to fifteen additional points (lookin at you, Verglas, Priest, Lantern bearer-)
And for Monk, 6 isn't quite potent enough. But what Monk does I believe is the right direction to buffing Monoclassing - expanding on an important attribute of that class.

So like Monk does, increasing the ki rate if you monoclass it - perhaps that monoclass number could be increased from six to nine, the capacity double, or both.

Monoclassing Black Knight could consider Black Wind always being active.

Monoclassing Bonder could make all Youkai considered your 'sole' youkai - so you get the full benefit of stuff as long as you had only three bonded, as if they were your only one.

Tactician could perhaps not lose rank upon taking higher than 5% damage.

Trickier stuff, like Ghost, could get a multiplier on their innates, perhaps.

Stuff like that. Obviously, what would go per class is worth discussing, and I don't expect what I specified to be a part of it, on merit of being wrong or too overpowered - those were just examples on what I think could be a decent direction to go to Monoclass, which I think, is worth a discussion.

[also for those crazies that wanna monoclass base classes like soldier maybe it could make soldiers regen percentile instead of flat idk]
I like this, I want more of these ideas.

Grand Summoner: While Monoclassing Grand Summoner, Encourage lasts an additional 2 rounds and gains an additional 2 range.

Evoker: All spells have their FP costs decreased by their rank * 2%

All I could think of on short notice but, two ideas I say are nice.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:I like this, I want more of these ideas.

Grand Summoner: While Monoclassing Grand Summoner, Encourage lasts an additional 2 rounds and gains an additional 2 range.

Evoker: All spells have their FP costs decreased by their rank * 2%

All I could think of on short notice but, two ideas I say are nice.

I thought 'monoclassing' meant 'shares the same base class', like Grand Summoner/Bonder or Ghost/Kensei. Is this not the case?
No, monoclassing means same class for BOTH primary and secondary
like Grand Summoner primary Grand Summoner secondary.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Monoclassing means the exact same class, main and subclass.

So like, Raigen's idea for Evoker would be a step in the right direction, but I'm not sure Grand Summoners is (yesiknowIdon'tplaysummonersandRaigendoessueme) since Encourage doesn't strike me as something Grand Summoners commonly get. Instead, I'd want to be looking at it's FP Regen - giving that, say, a 50% multiplier for every Youkai summoned, since I'm /pretty sure/ that's something most summoners will have.
I posted a thread suggesting something like this a long while back. In a similar vein to capping only one class in SL1, monoclassing the same promotion should unlock some selection of unique stuff that isn't boring or accessible to dual-classed people. An example of a bad thing to provide is free stats.

Due to the existence of destiny, it would also need to be unique from those provided bonuses, which makes the whole implementation a real pain in the ass for Dev. Either way, I really want this so I figured I'd make my support known.
I mean, monoclassing Monk makes your Ki generation fucktouple. We could have more of those interactions. I'll come up with a few ideas when I get them all on paper.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This is actually a cool idea. +1