Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the topic of guns
Guns don't really do damage anymore, the most they're used for is single shot utility as a sort of supportive role, I'd like guns to be able to do damage again but in a way thats not causing them to rely on power too much like before, so that we do not see cases of guns simply being overbearing due to stuff like ryart's blessing and corbie's aerial combatant

I think because that power got fixed in the basic attack formula, guns have seen a large decline of use, but if they were to simply be caught up to standard weapons in terms of scaling (like bows for instance) they'd see a lot more use.

I have compiled a list of all the current guns with sub-par scaling, and adjusted their scalings to fit in line with bows and other guns that do see wonderful use right now, such as Tarnell and Corvis Cannon

Guns

Handgun - 110% SKI, 3 Power, 1*

Autopistol - 100% SKI, 6 Power, 4*

Shotgun - 100% SKI, 12 Power, 4*

Spirit Hunter - 50% SKI, 40% SAN, 8 Power, 5*

Hold Upper 50% SKI 50% GUI, 6 Power, 5*

Excel Sniper - 75% SKI, 16 Power, 6* (matches other excel line weapon series)

Yin - 100% SKI, 10% RES, 8 Power, 7*

Yang - 100% SKI, 10% FAI, 8 Power, 7*

Jackhammer - 75% SKI, 22 Power, 9*

Moonlight Mercy - 85% SKI, 17 Power, 10*

Quickdraw - 50% SKI, 40% CEL, 5 Power, 10*

Thats about all the guns that I can think of that require tuning.

What do you think? They'd even likely be considered wonderful sidearms that don't require magic gunner with these sorts of scalings.
Nobody likes using multi-shot guns anymore. I think the suggested change would make them appealing to the public, once again!

I vaguely remember someone bringing up the idea of adding a 'reload' mechanic to guns, in exchange for making them much more powerful. But the opening sounds like a simple enough change, for the time being in my opinion.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I am more than all for this change. Right now using a gun without magic gunner is just stupid and pointless. The damage it does is nonexistent and is more for style than anything else. And while I love style, I'd love some actual use well.

Even with magic gunner, like has been said already, multishot guns are basically pointless. Single shot guns seem like they can be okay sometimes, but again, only with magic gunner. Even then, their damage isn't on par with any other basic attack class, which is just sad.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I do think that guns need a buff, but they'll need some sort of drawback if they scale primarily off of skill. Having one stat influence their damage, accuracy, and critical rate is a bit much.
Yes, please buff guns. Single shots are utility and Multi-shot are trash. For us people who want to use guns we can't do damage no matter what.

Buff guns please, also fix Akimbo as it does 1 damage regardless.
"NaitoPsych" Wrote:Yes, please buff guns. Single shots are utility and Multi-shot are trash. For us people who want to use guns we can't do damage no matter what.

Buff guns please, also fix Akimbo as it does 1 damage regardless.

Akimbo should be changed to deal 20% damage similar to Dagger Dance, since it no longer applies the raw power on shot.
Make Guns ignore DEF/RES like they used to, implement the Reload mechanic, and probably adjust Akimbo to the 20% Spoops mentioned.

I'd also like to toy with an Armor check for Gun's Weapon Power; assuming that Power is no longer relevant to damage for Guns, if a Gun's Power does not exceed the target's Armor, their damage is cut by 30~50%.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Yes, I pretty much agree that the big issue with this scaling is that it means you get everything you want from SKI. It might make more sense to have guns also rely on WIL in their scaling if they're going to get competitive totals with other weapon types.
Actually, that sounds good too so that a damage stat is involved with their scalings, anything that sort of catches them up to standard.
Guns scaling on wil... Can we have a tome that turns into a gun then?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water