Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-GR Mementos
So, some items are pretty underpowered, and people are only going for the same equipment over and over, even if they get nerfed. I think the solution to this is to remember that what's causing this is exactly the first few words of what I typed. They're underpowered, and not appealing to have. So I made this small list with items that could get a small oompfh, and reach a level of competency to rival the medium-term ones, or even the good ones.

[Image: zCts6eYuSGS5r47BLDp5Kg.png]
- Can this be changed to 'Increases the damage of kicks (and kick skills) by Character LV/3'?

[Image: PXAHvAyTQNm2e8PleYv04g.png]
- Item effect changed to '+5% maximum HP / +4 HP recovery'?

[Image: PIzoQKLISt6aIbk_7HlSLg.png]
- Item effect changed to '+10 damage to Spells, and +3 FP recovery'?

[Image: J3tzt9y1QTWi89DO0Qi-wg.png]
- Item effect changed to 'Reduces maximum HP by 10%, but increases all damage done by 10%.'?

[Image: 5gOw6o_GQZmU5H1hYg0JEw.png]
- Item effect changed to 'Recovers HP equal to 6% of your wind damage done. / Increases soft cap for CEL by 3.'?

[Image: HZu5WE-vQrmU_9KBwbzDjQ.png]
- Item effect changed to '+20% damage to spells for the first two turns'?

Okay! A rather big list but those additions are quite simple and effective. If you guys have any items in mind that are still 'Pre-GR' and warrant changes, feel free to post them and suggest what they should be changed to, so they can be more acceptable in our current system and not simply be trash for Zeo to compress into iron ingots.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I am in support of these changes, make it happen.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
You are putting VERY powerful effects on a lot of low-rarity accessories. You would be best off putting these kinds of effects on high-rarity accessories. Perhaps some that require to be made via recipe, with the screencapped accessory as one of their several components.

As for the items that aren't too common for what you're suggesting:
-If Ring of Thorns gets a +10% to all damage dealt, its Max. HP reduction should be 25%. There is no way you're going to see a 10% Maximum HP reduction balance out a +10% Damage Increase across the board.

-A Vampiric effect on Blood Whistle would be nice, but I would not let people get a 'Heal off of Wind damage dealt' effect. Nor would I put an effect that boosts a stat's soft cap on anything less than 8~10* items. A bigger boost to CEL would be good, but for Blood Whistle? Not a soft cap boost.

-I'd rather make the Overload amulet just apply the WIL bonus by default, but substantially increase the FP costs of all skills in return.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:-If Ring of Thorns gets a +10% to all damage dealt, its Max. HP reduction should be 25%. There is no way you're going to see a 10% Maximum HP reduction balance out a +10% Damage Increase across the board.

I disagree, I actually advised him on this part because something akin to -60 to -90 HP on high damage people can be scary effective, that much HP can mean a whole lot especially since ring of thorns is at the end of the equation unlike giant gene.

Its not as big a deal as you'd think, +10% damage is anywhere from 10-30 damage depending on how much you were dealing in the first place, it might be a little effective on excel builds but other than that, I don't see it actually getting too scary other than on high burst characters, who would be squishier as a result.

The point of ring of thorns would be that you'd be taking a huge risk for a greater reward.
Upgrade those items via recipe would also be an alternative, with a LV7 required on alchemy and a pile of other items and crafting materials just to balance on how they're 'made'.

But I really want to make things as simple as possible. The end justifies the means, I say. Either way people will be getting those one way or another, so why not make it simple buffs instead of giving us and Dev more work? I've went on that logic.

As for Blood Whistle, I just felt like it would fit. This was one of my ideas, the other was to make it heal you for 5 HP when you hit an enemy with wind damage and they don't resist.
The wind cap increase was dubious at most, I wanted to make Blood Whistle one of the accessories that allow you to go over the cap, a la Dragon King set. But the original plan was to make it increase CEL (or Wind ATK) by 10%.
If its that much an issue, you could make it 10% more damage taken for 10% more damage dealt, that might settle aside some balance issues had.
That could also be it. Or some 'Ring of the Assassin' thing? I understand Chaos's worry about it. Even if you have low HP, if you have defenses to back it up, you're fine and through, because heals exist.

Anyway, changing those to the 'light versions' in the OP as soon as I get his reply.
"Spoops" Wrote:
"Chaos" Wrote:-If Ring of Thorns gets a +10% to all damage dealt, its Max. HP reduction should be 25%. There is no way you're going to see a 10% Maximum HP reduction balance out a +10% Damage Increase across the board.

I disagree, I actually advised him on this part because something akin to -60 to -90 HP on high damage people can be scary effective, that much HP can mean a whole lot especially since ring of thorns is at the end of the equation unlike giant gene.

Its not as big a deal as you'd think, +10% damage is anywhere from 10-30 damage depending on how much you were dealing in the first place, it might be a little effective on excel builds but other than that, I don't see it actually getting too scary other than on high burst characters, who would be squishier as a result.

The point of ring of thorns would be that you'd be taking a huge risk for a greater reward.

You are forgetting something though. It´s not just 10% only because the item says that. Please remember how damage is calculated. This is another item you can add to any stupid damage buff stacking chain. And in those the 10% are suddenly easily worth like 25%

And it is a low tier item. 10% is way to much for it, try 5%.

Or well if you really want to make it receive more and deal more? I still think thats an uneven change, considering how the maths go differntly for each, but meh thats sorta complicated I am not sure how chain Divisions and multipliers behave in damage reductions. But I assume it would make it a strange item overall.
What about Scaled Weapon Attack? -10% HP/+10% SWA
Let's not buff everything up to such heights that we need a second Great Reckoning.