Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voltiger
Duelists are extremely powerful right now, what with the dodging and the evasion procing and such. I think it would be fair to make Voltiger not level * 5% damage increase. Maybe level * 2/3 % or hell, just straight level %.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
I think that Voltiger's level per dodge should be Rank*2%, capping at 50% extra damage at 5 stacks.

And perhaps it should proc only half of Voltiger's effect on evasion chance.
There was a suggestion about making it only proc once per attack instance, I think it was Spoops, since the main problem seems to be with multi-hit evasion procs granting a huge burst of damage.

That's also an option.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
i think the damage only gets out of hand when its combined with hunter wind, abs death, exorcism or excel weapons. At most, probably making flottement only trigger twice per round would be enough. attacking from the side or behind, or outside of 5 range make voltiger avoidable.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
There's quite a few suggestions on how it should change, but the discussion here isn't really in-depth on reasons why it should change.
Personally, I don't see much reason to change it beyond making it so you gain Voltiger once per attack instance, rather than the entire LV25 package from a multi-hit strike such as Thousand Stab or Regensaucher activating Evasion over and over.

At most in my opinion, it's only really absurd when you immediately get the max damage boost like that. I haven't seen Voltiger become an issue otherwise, except with Bloody Palms + Absolute Death + Hunter Wind + a gazillion other modifiers stacking, as Akame mentioned.

But those modifiers are an entirely different can of worms. It was suggested to make diminishing returns for damage boosters like these, before.

Voltiger on its own, from all the Duelists I've fought and played, seems fair otherwise though. It's when you get a large stack of it with one enemy attack, and you have various damage modifiers on that it really seems to get crazy.

The real reason why Duelists are considered 'insanely powerful' at times, is not so much their general skill set, as the fact nearly all of them run Bloody Palms and Absolute Death or Hunter Wind + Fallcall (in some cases) so their damage becomes too amazing.

So, I believe many things can be solved by killing two birds in one stone. Therefore I recommend the following:

1. You can only gain Voltiger LV once per attack instance

2. Statuses that boost your damage get diminishing returns of some kind, or just add up stacked together (I.E a status that grants 25% more damage, mixed with one that adds 10%, equals 35%.) Since apparently the current math creates much larger numbers.

EDIT: By that, I mean making them additive instead of multiplicative. Just in case my previous wording was confusing.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
Voltiger gets the most ridiculous when stacked with additional damage multipliers, hunted, absolute death and excel charges, because of how damage stacks in a multiplicative way that only adds more damage the more you add on (50% boost then a 10% boost is actually a 50% then 15% boost) compared to how DR works where since it diminishes damage multiplicatively, meaning it reduces even less damage the more you stack (10% of 50% = 5%)

I suppose it should be asked, if you wish to nip the problem where its root is at, one solution can be making it so that damage granted by statuses (Hunted/Absolute Death/Excel Charges/Voltiger but not Greaper or 1v1)will only use the highest modifier.

But that seems like a drastic change as well.
TlBig GrinR

Damage multiplicator stacking in a chain formula is getting out of hand REAL quick.
Or you could reign it in by having each modifier add the difference between Actual damage and the output damage it would have to actual damage after calculations

that way multipliers wouldn't continuously stack. They'd retroactively add together at the end instead of needing a system to add them together before calculations.
While we should do something about the multiplicative damage modifiers, such a change isn't necessary to handle Voltiger.

Let's just limit or erase Voltiger's ability to stack up, then continue tackling damage modifiers elsewhere.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye