Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Query] Shine Knightening
Upon using Shine Knightening beyond gaining 5 in each stat, is there supposed to be nothing else gained from this? The skill description says you gain access to certain skills during this similar to Death Knighting, but through extensive testing there is no charismatic aura, no protect, no blinding aura, and no other such special skills or spells tied to this. Is the description just wrong or is this spell slightly bugged?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
It gives Shining Radiance and Shining Charisma.
I've tested for those, it currently does not on the live server
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
More details?
Shining Radiance, the effect that removes hit from nearby targets and Shining Charisma, which grants small bonuses to nearby allies are not applied when you use shine knightening, neither in effect, nor in presence in your listed buff effects beneath your character portrait. The effects literally do not exist when you are under the effect of the spell.
Have you actually tested that the values for these are not any different? They're passive skills, not status effects, so they wouldn't show up in the status bar.
I tested the effects using the hit of a seperate character and asside from the bump in evade from the stat bonus, there was no sign of there being the blinding aura affect, even at point blank range, there was also no sign of any bonus to any allies regaurdless of their range towards or away from me.
Bumping! Shine knighting still doesn't work as Raigen explained.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I would appreciate some actual details on how it was tested, as well as if the abilities are working for normal Shine Knights.
This was tested using a magic gunner using an excel sniper and myself with around 50 evade. The blinding aura is supposed to be at the users level and was not present when the magic gunner aimed at me. A summoned carbuncle did not gain a charisma bonus at all and the npc shine knights have all effects working as intended. This is all the results from memory and if necessary I will recreate it and use screenshots and debug logs.