Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renaming Bare Fists - Martial Arts Style
Despite that the title of 'martial arts style' may suggest mechanical benefits, what I'm suggesting here is something for flavor purposes and nothing else.

My idea is that, perhaps there could be a martial arts 'instructor' somewhere, who along with a quest and maybe some items or four, you could also go to to 'rename' your barefists. That way, you can make text such as 'Deadly Palm' or whatever name you can construct pop up whenever you attack with your bare fist, similar to what renaming weapons does.

Just an idea.
Please.

There's myriad reasons to want to rename the Bare Fists... such as... you know... them not being bare, when wearing gauntlets and whatnot.
*loud burp*
I think this is a nice and simple idea, but it also makes me want to add a new talent subpath for unarmed that lets you pick a martial arts style which alters your bare fist attacks slightly (as well as rename them).
I'm curious about what exactly it would alter. Damage type? Scalings for the bare fists? I'd really love to have something akin to Dagger Dance for those. Or exotic Martial Arts, such as Muay Thai or Capoeira giving boosts for kick-type skills and such. Verglas would love it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Probably scalings, maybe some other minor effects.
Ooh, would that mean we could finally get spellcasting akin to sorcery with a scaling change to fit?
I call CEL scaling for Capoeira. Viva Brazil.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]