Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snatch Spell
Currently Snatch Spell only works for magic that targets you, this however limits it's creative use by a good chunk since the combo with bluff/smoke screen is basically useless most of the time. Example for that are:

-ST knows enemy can silence via black bubble, so they go for a Snatchspell bluff invocation to provoke the enemy to come close and use Black bubble to Silence them, but steal black bubble instead-> This currently isn't working cause blackbubble targets the ground.

-ST uses smokescreen to hide his intentions, knowing they fight a mage of sorts they use Snatch Spell. Now the mage just uses whatever area of attack spells to attack them like Explosion/Air preassure/Sear, making Snatch Spell sorta useless.

There are more tactical uses for Snatch Spell, like the "I protect my caster from being silenced" or stuff but sadly most of them currently won't work given to what Snatch Spell only reacts to.

Can this be changed to trigger for spells that would damage them, aswell? I believe with the 3CD nerf, a tactical and fun change like this would make the class much more fun. It still needs a lot of trickery afterall to make the enemy actually fall for this.
That would turn Snatch Spell into a surefire counter and negate against any offensive spell, and make the skill far more annoying than 'tactical' or 'fun'.

I would rather allow Snatch Spell to be obfuscated as Guard, or make Bluff actually give the invocation status if no one throws a spell at the Spellthief.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
It's not nessecarily uncounterable, also gives the mage the option to just reapply it's own buffs if they look through the "Bluff".

Aka if you use Snatch spell in the open, it's pretty much 3 wasted M. that is pretty tactical. Most mages also have alternative means to attack and even destiny mages can go the "Yeah fuck that, I just charge my laser!"

We could add the "If knocked down Snatch Spell is negetaed" suffix though. So even full mages have a full counter to this.

Edit:
Or give them a third snatch skill that works against those exclusively *shrug*