Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justified Super EXP
In regards to the bugfix.

Would it be really harmful for the game balance for Winged Guardian + Decarabia (the last statue fight of the Floor 2) to give a relatively fat bonus of EXP on victory?

The bosses in there are not so easy to defeat, and I've already got wrecked several times on the fight, losing loads and loads of items and murai for a reward of nothing but the same amount of EXP you'd gain in an easier fight like Kinu and Ashe. It doesn't feel satisfying at all, the whole 'high risk no reward'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
no
back in my day, you had to farm a bunch of spooky ghosts just to fight decarabia....stupid starfish gave no exp back then either.

tldr farm ronove instead.
[Image: 244.jpg?new=1]

Jokes aside. Maybe on higher Colossal Tower floors we'll have this kind of luxury. I can hope.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Any reason in particular why it shouldn't happen, even with a reasonable amount of EXP, or are you saying 'no' in response to the game balance part?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'm saying no to the whole idea that it's okay for a tower floor to give like 3-4m EXP.
I mean it'd make the grind less "Spam fire challenge x 60~" in an hour or less and get level 60 and more.... "One-and-done" which is worse/better.

It'd make the grind bearable, but god plz no.
Honestly if that's what people are resorting to I'm tempted to change it so you can't clear challenges repeatedly.
"Rendar" Wrote:I mean it'd make the grind less "Spam fire challenge x 60~" in an hour or less and get level 60 and more.... "One-and-done" which is worse/better.

The addition of global evasion actually makes it take much longer, now, you would notice this if you actually played. Other things can still be faster. Most of the grinds people have performed there have taken about 2-3 hours, thanks to this change. Building to actually hit gimps your damage, so you kind of have to deal with that amount of time usually.

Super Bomb being fixed was fine - it was obviously not intended to hand out that much EXP. There's not really a problem with Firespitter grinding, since people still have to go for dungeoning and other places in order to actually get good gear. It's only decent for not taking an extremely long time in getting to Level 60.

"Neus" Wrote:I'm saying no to the whole idea that it's okay for a tower floor to give like 3-4m EXP.

4 million experience does sound ridiculous, I agree, which is why I think it could be something smaller than that. Something that makes it a little bit more worth the trouble. I'd say somewhere between 750k-1m is fine.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Why not instead just have these challenges give higher chances of rare items, give people a reason to repeat them if they're gonna be repeatable... Otherwise, there's no point to redoing them other than fun.
(I do enjoy beating the shit out of the dragon knights, it's satisfying to see how high their stats are but their defenses are like nothing and test out builds v.s. them)
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water