Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineer
Kay sup fuckers. It's time for another thread about this.

[Image: 7f63d65d7a.png]

ENGINEER BOT STATS SUCK. That is a max rank bot, that is getting 0 buffs. +8 to all of those stats. Let's calculate what it's hit is with those stats.

43*2+6+whatever hit it has on its turret gun. That's 86+6=92 Lets assume it has a 95 accuracy gun. 187 hit. That isn't hitting pretty much anyone with good accuracy.

Sure we can upgrade/OVERCLOCK them for.. +10 to all stats, which gives them 25 more hit for 2-3 turns. Woohoo. It doesn't even use WIL. or STR. or FAITH. Why does it have good stats there. Why.

[Image: 176542c6ce.png]

[Image: 55c0fdab3d.png]

All of the bots have the exact same stats. It'd be nice if they got stats that uh. Better fit their job?

No seriously. The Turrets SKI could stand to be higher since it's essentially a mobile gunner unit. It doesn't have good STR WIL, or CEL because its immobile. It has decent LUCK and good, possibly even high SKI. They were 'okay' before LE's, but now they stand no real ground against anyone with the newer battle weight system. I'm not built to dodge, I have about 165 dodge. I can almost entirely dodge it with my 53 Cel and 27 LUC. I can raise my CEL 5 points higher too. It needs a buff somewhere there.

Medbot is understandable. Honestly, it could stand to have weaker DEF and higher RES/WIL. Lower SKi, since it can't attack, but also get slightly lower vit so it's killable easier.

MetalAegis is kind of fine as is. It needs more HP and DEF with next to 0 CEL to PROTECT people and punch holes in people if they decide it's a great idea to stand beside it but.. other than that.. it's fine.

They can also get rather silly status effects like POISON, Charm, FEAR and stuff like that for.. no real reason. Can that please be made less nonsensical? I can understand Poison, and blind. But charmed and fear? This isn't some god damn Sci-Fi Romance.

[Image: 1379744105961193_tall.jpg]

Just please, buff their stats to put them on par with other stuff and the class will be actually usable in PVP.
Their stats seem fine to me. The status effects do seem silly though.
[Image: latest?cb=20150618145649]
The turret can hit next to nothing. It needs a lot of help, or a realllllllly slow person to get above 100%. It doesn't get the bonuses for guns that Archer gives, or Marksmanship gives either.
can monsters hit most players that even try to dodge? no, how do youkai hit players ....skills.

Perhaps if engineers could....aim their turret....themsevles.....and wield it temporarily as an impressive stationary turret....

but yeah I could see their stats being improved a bit. or atleast have Upgrade/overclock supply a Good hit/evade bonus (evade bonus for medibot)
Have a skill that prioritizes marked targets for your bots to focus on, and it could even apply a moderate debuff. Additionally, you could mark allies for your aegis and med bot to focus on and grant a buff that increases defense and healing gained.
I'm still saying turrets should bypass defense. But I also think you should make turrets work like youkai, click and drag select your targets, that way you can focus on what you want to hit, and not whatever the AI wants to hit.

Engineer is a really shitty class, and most of its abilities are easily ignored or don't do enough damage. Upgrading mechanations is basically the only reason anyone would ever play one.

Bombs need to either do irresistible damage, or more damage, because they're nothing more than fireworks or party poppers right now. Turrets need to bypass defense, otherwise like Sderg said, they can't hit shit, and their damage will just be negated. And bots in general need to have a target focus, otherwise they're even more stupid than youkai (the guys who BLATANTLY walk over ice / sear tiles, etc (this was mostly a joke but a point none the less)).
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Just saying: Turrets act like actual guns. Have for awhile now. Their damage is just shit because they get 1 shot with shit range, are easily avoidable, and are. Well. To be blunt. SHIT on the 'hitting' field.
Engineers are PVE solo gods. They don't need a buff just for PVP.
*loud burp*
If they're enough of a turn-off to make people not want to play them, they kind of do. The game isn't focused on either PvP or PvE, but if you want to make a class interesting and desirable, it has to work with both.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
if pve gods can't pvp can we make the world's greated mage nerf thread?