Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineer
"PVE Gods don't need a buff if they're only bad in PVP."

If they aren't good in PVP, and they're only 'kinda' good in PVE because of their higher defense/Resistance < Which is why the turrets are 'godly' btw. No other reason than they can take hits >.

I tried using them in PVE, the only reason they have a good chance to hit things in PVE is because monsters have, legit, no luck to add to their dodge. No armor to give them "+20 to dodge, oh and +6.. and *1.06 just cuz."

Their damage is mediocre, being about 70-80 per shot. Can we stop acting like they're "god tier" status, they were tied with VA for 'shittiest class' status, but then VA got a much needed buff and it got put into 'usable' territory. Engineer is outright awful.
Quick summary of my good few Month experience as an Engi, noting I actually leveled up one of my own characters via MG/Engi alone, with results onward in progression being the same:

The Turrets damage tends to be fine, 75-80 damage I'd remark is good enough. However, this is due to Overclock. However, its made tolerable by the factor of Overclock. Now what it -does- need above all else is actual decent Hit stat wise. My turret is fully maxed and, while fun in PVE (not regarding how it fails still at that time with certain enemies excluding obvious dodgers like Vorpal Rabbits), its unreliable in PVP unless fighting a BK, usually.

Upgrades extremely useful with multi-shot guns, Flamethrower is debatable as it works well on most characters not based around physical tanking like mages and dodgers. Repair? Nice if a mechanation. Metalaegis has its uses that I have yet to be unsatisfied with.

TL;DR: Overall the only possible things that may need to be more useful are anything regarding offensive capabilities. The turrets the big contendor there. The flamethrower, happy with it personally but I could see reason why one wants to improve it.

You know. Unless bombs actually finally become a useful asset for Engineers to use. That'd be equally as lovely.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3096#p3096 Wrote:Rendar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:12 pm[/url]"]"PVE Gods don't need a buff if they're only bad in PVP."

If they aren't good in PVP, and they're only 'kinda' good in PVE because of their higher defense/Resistance < Which is why the turrets are 'godly' btw. No other reason than they can take hits >.

I tried using them in PVE, the only reason they have a good chance to hit things in PVE is because monsters have, legit, no luck to add to their dodge. No armor to give them "+20 to dodge, oh and +6.. and *1.06 just cuz."

Their damage is mediocre, being about 70-80 per shot. Can we stop acting like they're "god tier" status, they were tied with VA for 'shittiest class' status, but then VA got a much needed buff and it got put into 'usable' territory. Engineer is outright awful.

Right, because the turret only attacks once per turn (oh wait) and is your only source of damage (oh wait.) It's not like you have rogue traps or anything to set up more than just a turret as your opponent closes in (oh wait) and it's not like they can use guns (and upgrade the damage on all 4 shots) to stand behind their turret and still attack (oh wait) while all the enemies ignore them and go for the turret because of incognito (oh wait) and medibots that are better at healing a single target than most sources (Oh wait.)

If all you care about is damage, don't play the engineer. If you can't play a carefully calculated setup game (things only last so long, after all, you can't just drop all the things right away) then don't play the engineer. If you want to party, then don't play the engineer because people are morons and would rather die than stand next to your medibot, and you never get time to set up since everyone wants to be a berserker. Basically, what I'm saying is, the engineer isn't for most SL2 players.

It fits a specific niche. It excels in that niche. You're trying to make it fit a role it's not meant for. Go tank with an evoker, that makes about as much sense.
*loud burp*
Perhaps elemental badges could effect the bots, earth could give hit vs magnetized enemies...
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3093#p3093 Wrote:Ranylyn » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 pm[/url]"]Engineers are PVE solo gods. They don't need a buff just for PVP.
When you can provide evidence that Engineers can clear Crazy Dungeons faster and more efficiently than Evokers on a near-constant basis, we'll talk about Engineers being, "PVE solo gods."

In any case, Engineer's bots do suffer from the copypasta stats, and the Turret is completely useless on anything that bothers with dodge. I'd perfer if the bots focused on the following stats (see: maxing them out, most likely):

Turret: SKI, STR, CEL
Medbot: WIL, CEL, LUC
Metalaegis: DEF, RES, VIT

I also see no problem with giving the bots immunity to effects like Charm, Fear, Hesitation and Poison (how the hell are you going to poison all that metal?). Blind, Burn and the rest should still be applicable.

P.S. 70-80 damage per shot isn't mediocre; on a bot that can constantly be replaced and can be allowed to fire twice, that's extremely good. Just because it isn't 3-digits doesn't mean it's not good damage.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
The basically copy-paste stats on the bots do not make much sense, given each should be more diverse anyways.

Going to have to agree with the recommendation above; it'd be nice if the turret could actually -hit- more things that aren't fully and utterly dodged based. I don't know about Cel, though. Would recommend it has more luck if anything for overall better accuracy.

The rest? Perfect for their respective bots. The damage needs no change for the turret either, perfect how it is including due to the factor of overclock. Also would be nice if they were immune to certain status effects, though I can understand most, even poison due to Hexers one Sludge skill making me imagine it as corroding the armor. Eating away at it, in a way. So, going to leave that left up in the air.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3121#p3121 Wrote:Ranylyn » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:04 am[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3096#p3096 Wrote:Rendar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:12 pm[/url]"]"PVE Gods don't need a buff if they're only bad in PVP."

Right, because the turret only attacks once per turn (oh wait) and is your only source of damage (oh wait.) It's not like you have rogue traps or anything to set up more than just a turret as your opponent closes in (oh wait) and it's not like they can use guns (and upgrade the damage on all 4 shots) to stand behind their turret and still attack (oh wait) while all the enemies ignore them and go for the turret because of incognito (oh wait) and medibots that are better at healing a single target than most sources (Oh wait.)

If all you care about is damage, don't play the engineer. If you can't play a carefully calculated setup game (things only last so long, after all, you can't just drop all the things right away) then don't play the engineer. If you want to party, then don't play the engineer because people are morons and would rather die than stand next to your medibot, and you never get time to set up since everyone wants to be a berserker. Basically, what I'm saying is, the engineer isn't for most SL2 players.

It fits a specific niche. It excels in that niche. You're trying to make it fit a role it's not meant for. Go tank with an evoker, that makes about as much sense.

"Carefully calculated setup game", as if there's any thought outside of "Stay out of the monster's range while you place a turret and spam fp on traps to feel special".
What you really mean is wasting several turns and drawing out fights for several turns to do what everyone else can do in 1.
And it's not "people are morons and would rather die than stand next to your medibot, and you never get time to set up since everyone wants to be a berserker", it's they're not going to sit around and do literally nothing while watching an setup for subpar damage when they can wipe out a group of monsters in a few turns on their own.
I can imagine it now "Guys draw the monsters to my turret so it can only hit 1 for like a 50. I know you guys can consistently crit and attack 3 times for 150 each but c'mon style points"
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3136#p3136 Wrote:Stenzio » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:37 am[/url]"]The basically copy-paste stats on the bots do not make much sense, given each should be more diverse anyways.

What if bots could have interchangeable parts, in a separate tab (like the Youkai tab), for Armor, Movement, and Ability? These parts could change certain stats, make them do different things when Overclocked or exploding from Overclocking, and affect the way and distance they move, as well as other special affects (Medibot Ability part that gives 10% chance to heal a status affect; could make different ranks of parts, so Mk. I is 10%, Mk. II is 20%, etc; Turret Ability part that causes fire damage on hit, and fire damage from exploding while Overclocked, etc)
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."