Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounduiz
Many, many months after Domino Resonate came into being, I've come to realize something.

It's Nature Domain. Which allows it to be cast from Conduiz weapons. I don't know if other Sound based spells follow the same pattern of being attributed to the Nature Domain, but since Conduiz is really just meant to facilitate Lightning based spells, I don't see why this should also include Sound.

I can get the reasoning beyond lopping them into the same Domain, but this just makes Conduiz even more overpowering than it already is (and Domino Resonate is already an amazing spell to take even if you can't use a casting tool with it).

So I'd suggest moving Sound to the 'General' Domain instead (the only Sound spell that isn't something Spell Thieves exclusively take is Domino Resonate, so I don't know how many spells this applies to, honestly).

For all I know this isn't even intentional but if it is, it's preemptively in Balance Fu instead.
I guess this would really only apply to Styx Shout, Sonic Arrow and Domino Resonate, but I fully agree with moving Sound to a General Domain, or even its own domain for the aforementioned reasons.
I think myself that this is fine. Nature involves around lightning and sound, just like Aquarian involves around ice and water at once. Thematically, at least.

But.

The only current problem with it is Conduiz, really. I still think Conduiz needs a nerf or ten. Conduiz is the most overused material aside Fireblood lately due to how good it is. (And the LUC stat is simply godly itself... Ability to Critically hit and use your GUI for a bonus multiplier, enhanced and buffed Hit so autohits ignore Evasion, granted Critical Evade that fucks up gun/tome users, etc.)

And as stated by Spoops, maybe we'll be needing a 'sound domain' for incoming Bard stuff that are probably planned for the future. I have nothing against it, just sad this tidbit of 'nature theme' is being bashed just because Conduiz exists and has nothing to do with it. (It conducts electric currents, does it really do so to sound?)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think the only thing that needs nerfing here is Conduiz. Having a Sound Domain sounds fine, though.
(it has only been thirty minutes since I was seen use Domino Resonate and it didn't even go past 90 damage, dammit-)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
If Sound actually got its own domain, then sure.

I wouldn't really care if it weren't for Conduiz, yes. Conduiz alone makes it so anything marked 'Nature Domain' needs to be carefully balanced since literally any (metal) weapon in the game can be used to cast it.
I don't think this is a problem at all really

It just proves that the forgotten metal materials, abandoned for the superior remains of fallen foes should gain their own casting ability.

Acid spells are mostly issep domain aswell. water and ice share a domain too.

Artic, magmic, galdric, carapace, and planeterium, and their bark equivalents should gain casting status for their equivalent domain.
Let's not make this a shitfest?-

With all deemed respect. It's better and easier to outright remove Conduiz than make more 'Conduiz problems'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[Image: CBh__ruXEAEaH-V.jpg]

The solution is not to give every other element the same treatment. This would cause similar problems across the board where so many other weapons would be capable of effectively acting as tomes. Though if we're wanting to take the DOTA approach, sure, but nothing good would come with invalidating the need for a tome for nearly every spell in the game to do efficient damage with them. Why use a tome when you can use your Raijin for literally every spell in the game now?

"Snake" Wrote:Let's not make this a shitfest?-

With all deemed respect. It's better and easier to outright remove Conduiz than make more 'Conduiz problems'.

If Dev could properly purge the material from existence, I'd be for that, honestly. Though I'm not sure how many people would be happy with removing Conduiz entirely just because it's broken in PvP. This thread is really just about the few Sound skills in the game possibly all working with Conduiz due to being Nature Domain for some reason. So let's try and keep it to that (and make another thread if you really want to push deleting Conduiz).
"Trexmaster" Wrote:If Dev could properly purge the material from existence, I'd be for that, honestly.
[Image: 880e82a2fa.jpg]

Quote:This thread is really just about the few Sound skills in the game possibly all working with Conduiz due to being Nature Domain for some reason. So let's try and keep it to that (and make another thread if you really want to push deleting Conduiz).

There's quite a few things you can do for Conduiz to make it a lot more balanced at the very least, but I agree with Trex here in that those thoughts should be saved for another thread.
I'd rather just make Conduiz weapons lock the user out of the ability to cast spells from every other domain. Under that restriction, I think we can serve to expand the effect of Conduiz to new ores (and subsequently, other elements)

And yeah, just take Sound spells into general domain and call it a day.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye