Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plea to make emotes great again. the 2ed.
It's still a issue for me for the most part. And serval people I am RPing with.
It's really hindering RP everytime you make a post and half of it gets eaten and you need to rewrite it or fish it out of your command bar, if you were lucky enough to write it there instead of the chatbox.

Can we please, if the character Limit can't be increased, have some sort of indication when we actually hit the Limit?

It's ruining the mood when you write 6 posts each, per "RP Turn" and each is half eaten and costs you additional 5 mins just to figure out what exactly was eaten and to rewrite it.

So yeah, either increase the character Limit by ALOT or give us an indication when we hit the Limit.

Yeah sure, we can write outside of SL2 in a text document, but even that is kinda annoying if we copy paste it into the game and are not really hitting the limit aswell. besides I think that a RP game should be capable of making it's RP function viable and not a pain to use.
if the character limit it getting raised can we also have proper paragraph separation so i can have a nice beautiful READABLE wall of text for my fellow role players to enjoy
I agree with both posts above. A wall of cramped text is sometimes a lot hard to be read. And it's quite hateful to have your text cut off when you're doing long posts all at once, only to have to repost the last few words or two lines that went through the limit.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
How long exactly are the things you're trying to type?
Depends on the people I rp with, but when I rp with the "High writers" easily anywhere between 3000 to 5000 characters, when there is lot to act about even more. I remember that one time each of us had like 6 posts and each were cut off, we litterally moved the RP to Discord cause it got on our nerves.

The biggest issue though is that while you are typing currently you kinda play a guessing game "Am I near the Limit? can I write a little more?" cause there is no indications that tells you when you reached a limit. Thats what annoys the most. People could adjust a lot easier if there was an indicator.
He asked for the exact amount of characters on the text. The stuff always gets cut by three extra lines most of the time, and how many lines does a long paragraph text has on cap?

Do the math and repost your answer with what's needed, Shujin. (I'mtoolazytodoitbesidesIhavecollegetodealwithkthxbye.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
My answer is way more accurate ?
A post has currently 1000 characters as Limit.
When I RP with someone who is also writing a lot we easily get 4 posts in which each is missing a bit-> over 4000 characters. Sometimes more

I have no idea what you are talking about with "gets cut by three extra lines most of the time", if you are referring to your own posts then thats fine, but has nothing to do with my answer. Otherwise I honestly don't get what you mean. Care to clarify?
The game could probably use an overall update to the post structure.

For example being able to make line breaks in posts to structure an emote into a full RP post instead of just a wall of text (lets be honest, who wants to read a block of text worth 4000 letters). Even if this is only allowed when you bring up the text box with just the emote verb.
I'm pretty sure BYOND has a built-in character limit. Not sure if it can be circumvented, but I remember it from some update years ago.
But like the DB games on byond also have a much larger limit, do they not?

But yeah, I agree with Spo.