Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plea to make emotes great again. the 2ed.
"Neus" Wrote:Show me a screenshot.
[Image: 9322bfb28f7fea8c88667edee9f0b3db.png]
[Image: 2d0481d5bd8138530d8ea80d1dc95cc7.png]

Top Arpe skeelz
I see, they're using a browser. It's possible with that but as you can see the emote window is a bit bulkier than the BYOND one and you can't type directly into the chat bar.
Well I mean, you can still use say and stuff in the command bar.(atleast it works there)

And for the 3 emotes I usually find it more pleasing to have everything in a view, the only reason why I didn't use the "Box" is because we have:
-No line breaks. instead when we do it in the pop up box, we get / in our emotes and I do so a lot by accident even if I know that.
-If you write to much you can't even fish it out from the command bar by pressing ctrl+up.
So usually it's still better to use the tiny command bar where you can't really see what you typed if you were typing fast and alot.

If we had window like that pop up, when we click Emote, should be fine?
I mean sure, it's not really needed for small one/two liners, but it shouldn't be that annoying either. Probably also easier to make sure everyone has a typing indicator up? (cause currently sometimes, when you do not press space at the beginning of your emote, the bubble does not show up so you aren't always sure if they are typing or not. of course wemote still should have none)

I personally would like to have it this way, but thats just my opinion.
Honestly the best feature would just be line breaks if thats possible. If it means needing to change the entire structure of the current text box, then I'd rather not as I like the look of it currently.

Also Shujin if you type Emote then press enter, it'll bring up this box, I didn't know if you knew that or not but it makes post structure a bit easier to track when typing.
[Image: XgQVN7L.png]
Honestly, I think the only thing I'd like right now for emoting is just line break, if possible. If the system can't allow it then that's fine.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Problem with line breaks is just people overusing them to spam the chat.
"Spoops" Wrote:Honestly the best feature would just be line breaks if thats possible. If it means needing to change the entire structure of the current text box, then I'd rather not as I like the look of it currently.

Also Shujin if you type Emote then press enter, it'll bring up this box, I didn't know if you knew that or not but it makes post structure a bit easier to track when typing.
[Image: XgQVN7L.png]

Yeah I am aware, thats what I am referring to. I never used it because of the risk of losing text (unable to retrive it with ctrl+up) over the normal command bar, and well if you do line breaks there you only get "/"'s.
"Neus" Wrote:Problem with line breaks is just people overusing them to spam the chat.

Well something to keep in mind at least.

otherwise that sounds like an issue that can be delegated by a swift 'stop that' from someone with authority, GMs already hunker down on people using emote for local OOC as well to prevent chat spam. (which is beginning to be weened out completely)

That and I don't think that many people would solely use it for the sake of griefing, compared to the many people who'd use it for better, easier to read and neater post structure.
Please god give us line breaks.

If people want to abuse them to spam the chat, just ban them for it.
Sadly it's not that simple. With how long the emote line is, they can spam it to the point where it scrolls their name off the chat. Furthermore I don't really trust some people to not use them just to meme. If you really need separate lines for emotes then just use a simple indication that it's continued in another line.