Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plea to make emotes great again. the 2ed.
I'm still rooting for line breaks tbh, honestly I doubt the community's gonna abuse that as you'd think they would, Dev. But holy crap reading a block of text with no paragraph spacing is absolutely god awful. On the subject, could we get buttons that bring out a window for say/emote for those that prefer a popout window but are either too lazy, or don't know how to set up macros? (Or just because I wanna use wasd mode but like my easily memorable macros so S is my say one etc.)
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
Forever reading blocks of text that are unbroken < The possibility that someone abuses line breaks.

As someone who RPs on platforms that actually use linebreaks no one ever memes/abuses with them. I've actually only ever seen like three incidents of someone making a shitload of line breaks. (and I've played on these types of games since like 2010) In fact, most RP games have basic HTML support including size and color but even then - even with all that - the players don't abuse it. Which is surprising really, considering that the DBZ RP community has a much higher level of toxicity and trolling than SL2.

Line breaks would, for me, legitimize SL2 as a serious roleplaying platform. That's just me, though - but I know some of my friends share that sentiment. Either because they don't like the single block format, or because they use a larger text size (vision problems and whatnot), which makes it nearly impossible to read without copy/pasting the RP to notepad and then adding in the line breaks manually.

I think having to weed out a few people (who if they're going to abuse something as simple as /line breaks/ probably shouldn't be playing in the first place) is well worth the potential to draw people in who feel alienated by giant walls. That's my case for it, at least.
I mean, if someone actually does use it for trolling to a level it's unbearable...

Just remove it again? Then you can do another episode of "This is why we can't have nice things, and I told you so, Kids!" and we all going to say "Yes, daddy Dev!"

I am still confident that people can handle this power, and if they do not, Chaos certainly can handle them.
Yes, daddy Dev.

Yes, daddy Dev.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]