Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plea to make emotes great again. the 2ed.
Honestly, while I don't have a reason to oppose this, I'm fine with things as is.

For example: You're trying to give this big speech, right? So the person you're RPing with waits several minutes for you to type it, and then due to the length of the thing, they're forced to just ICly sit through it since there's no point where they can interject and be like "Whoa, hold up there, blah blah blah" kind of thing. That's why I personally never do things longer than like 3 sentences, so people can interact (Although I'll often keep typing immediately so I have something to follow up with if they don't have a reaction.)

I'm not knocking different RP styles; I'm just explaining why I'm not jumping on board with support for this. One way or another, it makes no difference to me.
*loud burp*
The character limit is above 4000+ characters. That's... that's a whole fucking lot.
I doubled the limit. Hopefully that helps.
"Neus" Wrote:I doubled the limit. Hopefully that helps.

No way to give us an indicator? Like it stops writing when you hit the Limit or something like that would already be enough. The most frustrating part is not the limit but losing text by accidently writing to much.
No, there's no way to do that, unfortunately. I suggest typing to notepad and copy pasting from there.
"Neus" Wrote:No, there's no way to do that, unfortunately. I suggest typing to notepad and copy pasting from there.

Few games nowadays have pop out boxes that go as far as doing automatic spellchecking and character counting. Curtain Call does, at least.

Gotta be a way.
On BYOND?
Curtain Call is a BYOND game, yeah.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
To be fair. The coder for CC also does a lot of other BYOND stuff that's basically unheard of. Keeping people logged in through reboots/updates by putting up a second server and importing each player one at a time to the new server before shutting down the one that's being taken down. All without ever disconnecting them.
Show me a screenshot.