Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Dragoon Abilities
For those of you who don't know: a few days prior, Dev entertained the idea of a Dragoon promoted class over OOC, which was requested by some of the players. Though I don't know how seriously he took it at the time, I decided to create some possible abilities for it anyway, in hopes that some of them will be taken for consideration. Note that I'm a returning player and thus have been "out of the loop" over Sigrogana 2's developments for a time, so if any of my suggestions go against the flow of the game, feel free to correct them (and in the case of Dev, if he reads this, adjust it any way he likes). Also, due to my weakness in the subject of math, feel free to suggest alternate calculations and the like.

New Duelist Promotion: Dragoon

Pros:

Finally, a class that focuses on the use of spears!
Combat style based on being Airborne or not
Incredible movement options
Synergy with classes that can hover

Cons:

Due to the focus on spears, using anything other than one will not benefit you
Monks will likely counter this class
Focus on Wind and Lightning skills hurts one's elemental selection
Not even trying to hide the reference to FF's famous class

------

Offensive Skills

Cyclone 3M

A blast of wind that damages one enemy within 3 range, with a Rank*10 chance to send them Airborne. If the enemy is already Airborne, instead, pushes them back 1 tile.

Rank Max (5): 14/15/16/17/18 FP, 50%/60%/70%/80%/90% Wind Attack, 50%/60%/70%/80%/90% Scaled Weapon Attack, + 1 tile pushback (Rank 3)

Skylight 3M

A bolt of lightning falls on an enemy within 4 range. If the enemy is Airborne, Rank*5 percent chance to cause Knockdown.

Rank Max (5): 14/15/16/17/18 FP, 50%/60%/70%/80%/90% Lightning Attack, 50%/60%/70%/80%/90% Scaled Weapon Attack

Tempest 3M

Requires: Cyclone level 3

A small tornado appears underneath a small area. Targets a circular location (3) and deals Wind damage, while having a Rank*10 percent chance to send all targets within the area Airborne. Airborne targets are instead dragged towards the center of the targeted area 1 space.

Rank Max (5): 20/22/24/26/28 FP, 50%/55%/60%/65%/70% Wind Attack, 50%/55%/60%/65%/70% Scaled Weapon Attack

Skyfall 3M

Requires: Skylight level 3

Targets all enemies who are Airborne, but does not affect those who aren't. Deal Lightning Damage to those targets, with a Rank*5 chance to cause Knockdown.

Rank Max (5): 20/22/24/26/28 FP, 50%/60%/70%/80%/90% Lightning Attack, 50%/55%/60%/65%/70% Scaled Weapon Attack

Jump 3M

Spear or Staff Skill. Jump into a space within 5 range (more based on rank.) If an enemy is in the targeted space, do a basic attack with an increased hit chance based on Rank. If the enemy is Airborne, they are also Knocked Down.

Rank Max (5): 16/14/12/10/8 FP, +5/8/11/14/17 Hit, +1 range (Rank 2, Rank 4)

High Jump 3M

Requires: Jump level 3

Spear or Staff Skill. Jump into a space within 5 range. If an enemy is within a 2-tile square of the targeted area, do a basic attack. If the target itself is in the center, gain a bonus to hit based on rank, and cause Knockdown, if Airborne. If an enemy is within the square (not the center), gain a penalty to hit (reduction based on rank). Also, if the enemy is Airborne, do not cause knockdown, but cancel the enemy's Airborne status.

Rank Max (5): 22/21/20/19/18 FP, +3/4/5/6/7 Hit (target), -10/9/8/7/6 Hit (Area)

Sky High 4M

Requires: Jump level 3

Spear or Staff Skill. Targets an enemy within 5 Range, and gain Airborne status for this turn. Using actions does not cancel it. At the end of the turn, deal massive pierce damage to the enemy, and cancel any Airborne or Knockdown status the enemy might have. If under the effects of Sky or Heaven Form, deal elemental damage based on rank. Cooldown of 3 turns afterwards.

Rank Max (5): 50/49/48/47/46 FP, 120%/130%/140%/150%/160% Scaled Weapon Attack, 15/20/25/30/35 Elemental Damage

Sky Smite 3M

Spear Skill. Target a line 4 Range in a single direction, and throw a lance that pierces through, dealing Pierce Damage to all enemies in its path. If you are Airborne, knock back all enemies in its path by 1 space. If the enemy is Knocked down, deal bonus damage equal to Rank*3.

Rank Max (5): 18/17/16/15/14 FP, 80%/85%/90%/95%/100% Scaled Weapon Attack

Sky Rave 3M

Spear Skill. Target an enemy within 1 range, and deal damage to them based on weapon damage and Skill, based on rank. If both you and your enemy are Airborne, cancel the enemy's Airborne status, and have a chance to cause Lingering Damage.

Rank Max (5): 26/28/30/32/34 FP, 80%/85%/90%/95%/100% Scaled Weapon Attack, 65%/75%/85%/95%/105% SKI

Sky Dive 3M

Spear Skill. The user must be Airborne. Target a line in front of you 3 spaces, and the line can be extended, but with +3 FP cost per space. Do a crashing dive, damaging anything in its path, and stomp in an empty space. Airborne enemies in its path will be Knocked Down, and enemies who are Knocked Down will be sent Airborne. However, if more than one enemy is in its path, use up 2 durability per enemy after the first. 3 Turn Cooldown.

Rank Max (5): 30/32/34/36/38 FP, 80%/90%/95%/100%/110% Scaled Weapon Attack

Boltwyrm Breath 3M

Target a cone in front of you, which can be extended two times, but will increase the cost by 50%. Deal lightning damage based on WIL to all enemies. If using Heaven Form, also adds a chance to cause Interference.

Rank Max (5): 25 FP, Wil + 6/12/18/24/30 Lightning Damage

Windwyrm Breath 3M

Target a cone in front of you, which can be extended two times, but will increase the cost by 50%. Deal Wind damage based on WIL to all enemies. If using Sky Form, also knocks enemies back by 2 tiles.

Rank Max (5): 25 FP, Wil + 6/12/18/24/30 Wind Damage

Dragonvein 3M

Target an enemy within 2 Range, and deal a basic attack with penalties to Hit. If the attack hits, a portion of damage dealt is returned to the user as HP, dependent on rank. 3 turn Cooldown, whether the attack hits or not.

Rank Max (5): 30 FP, -5/10/15/20/25 Hit, Vampiric 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%

Dragonsoul 3M

Target an enemy within 2 Range, and deal a basic attack with penalties to Hit. If the attack hits, a portion of damage dealt is returned to the user as FP, dependent on rank. 3 turn Cooldown, whether the attack hits or not.

Rank Max (5): 5 FP, -5/10/15/20/25 Hit, Vampiric 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%

--------

Defensive Skills:

Dragonhide 3M

Upon activation, the user gains damage reduction based on rank for two turns. Furthermore, if the user is under the effects of Sky Form or Heaven Form, half of the elemental augment is given to the user as elemental resistance.

Rank Max (5): 25/24/23/22/21 FP, 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% Damage Reduction, (+1 duration, Rank 3 and Rank 5)

Dragonscale 3M

Upon activation, the user gains status resistance based on rank for two turns. Also, upon activation, reduce the duration of status effects by one round.

Rank Max (5): 25/24/23/22/21 FP, 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% Ailment Resistance, (-1 negative status effect duration, Rank 5)

--------------

Support Skills:

Sky Form 1M

Once activated, basic attacks and Dragoon skills will deal bonus elemental damage dependent on rank. Only one Form is available at a time, and using another cancels it out. Further more, after every round, 1% of the user's FP is taken as compensation, and if the user doesn't have enough, the form is canceled out. Using the skill again cancels the form out.

Rank Max (5): 10 FP, 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% Wind Attack Elemental Augment

Heaven Form 1M

Once activated, basic attacks and Dragoon skills will deal bonus elemental damage dependent on rank. Only one Form is available at a time, and using another cancels it out. Further more, after every round, 1% of the user's FP is taken as compensation, and if the user doesn't have enough, the form is canceled out. Using the skill again cancels the form out.

Rank Max (5): 10 FP, 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% Lightning Attack Elemental Augment

--------------

Utility Skills:

Sky Walker 3M

Once activated, the User gains Airborne status for a duration equal to Rank. Using any Dragoon Skill will cancel Airborne status, regardless of the duration remaining.

Rank Max (3): 5 FP

--------------

Passive Skills:

Long Reach

Dragoons have mastered the use of their weapon and its incredible reach. All Spear and Staff type weapons gain 1 additional range when using basic attacks.

Rank Max (2): (Rank 2: Does not take up skill slot)

Continuous Flight

Toggle Skill. The Dragoon constantly weaves through the air, eventually learning to walk on it as well as if it were ground, using enemies' heads as trampolines. If you deal damage to an enemy while not under Airborne status, SKI% chance to gain Airborne status afterwards.

Rank Max (1):

Skywalk

The Dragoon commands the air around them, enough to bend it to their will. When the Dragoon uses movement, they create Air Shafts on tiles they step on.

Rank Max (1):

Polearm Proficiency

Mastering the use of Polearms, Dragoons have learned their ins and outs, enough that such weapons are an extension of their being. Grants various bonuses per Rank.

Rank Max (5): For Spear and Staff weapons: +5 to Critical, +10 to hit, +10 Durability, Half Weight, +1 Power

---------------------------

Innate Skills:

Mover

Dragoons are masters of movement, and thus, gain extra movement per Rank.

Rank Max (3): +1 Movement per rank

Dragon Affinity

Dragoons have had a long, storied past with members of the dragon race. Against their foes: mighty adversaries. With them: loyal followers and knights. Depending on the alignment of the dragon unit, they gain certain effects.

Rank Max (5): +2/4/6/8/10 Damage to Enemy dragons, +1/2/3/4/5 to all stats for Wyverntouched, Hyattr, and Dragon allies

Anyway, hopefully it was an interesting read, at least!

---
Overall, I don't think this is a good idea.

My biggest issue is the idea itself just seems too blatant about being a rip-off. While Dev draws inspiration from anime or games for classes at times (like Demon Hunter, Void Assassin, Boxer, Monk, Summoner and more) but calling the class Dragoon and literally using skills like Jump is just making me think Final Fantasy here.

The skills themselves are a mixed bag, I find a good number of the skills here to be either underwhelming or unnecessary and clutter the skill list, my main skill related issues are:

- Too many skills that are needlessly chance based ("25%-50% chance to apply X&quotWink which makes them unreliable, including the skills used to make enemies Airborne which only hurts synergy that other classes can do better.

- All the skills that push or pull only do so by 1 or 2 tiles, making them lackluster for controlling enemies.

- Too many Knockdown skills. Skylight, Skyfall, Jump, High Jump and Sky Dive can all knockdown.

Personally, instead of Dragoon, I'd much prefer if we had Wyvernriders. Consider that they can fill a similiar role (spear focused, mobility based, "dragon" warriors) but are already established in the game's lore. Alstalsia was just recently released too, so it would make sense for the class to pop up at around this time.

I also think it would be a more interesting class idea. Skills like being able to call on your Wyvern in battle to help much like a Youkai, mounting your Wyvern for various bonuses, skills tailored to synergize with the Wyvern and of course the expected Polearm and Airborne (or Wyvernborne) skills.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Well, these were just ideas from me, personally. I wanted a Airborne-based fighter and I based it around the idea. Mere suggestions, I'm not asking Dev to take this as a whole.
too blatant a rip off when demon hunter is literally Dante from DMC
Who cares about stuff being ripoff or not, this is just a goddamn fan-made RPG game, and Dev himself already put a warning on the title screen that he's willing to remove stuff that doesn't belong to him officially. Geez.

And about Dragoon, I'd like their stuff to be more 'Wyvern Rider' based, a duelist that wears Heavy Armor, counters Archers and Gunners directly and is constantly Airborne, with or not the help of a Wyvern companion, in which could be used as a uhh... Inventory item, or a summon?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think Wyvern Rider would be an excellent candidate for the next duelist promotion, considering as already said its cemented in lore, and that dragons are sort of on or just below the level of divine beings in SL2, from what I heard anyway.
This isn’t a fan game, technically. It’s an original setting.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Considering this isn't a fan game, there's a world of difference between a heavy reference like Demon Hunter and blatantly making a Dragoon class that focuses on Spears and boasts Jump abilities.

Considering that Wyvern Rider is already confirmed to hit the class board in the distant future (which, IIRC, will likely be a Soldier Promotion), we would better off pitching a Spear-based Promotion Class for Duelist that goes by a different theme, at the very least.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
What about a dancer class themed around spears in the Duelist Base.

Vent Petale is considered a "flowery" style... so having something relating to spears and even dancing would be nice.

Also not at all a reference to pole dancing.

Either that, or something along the lines of Glaivesman.

(Also, I really don't think you can call Demon Hunter just a 'heavy reference'... It's based off of stance switching, juggling your enemies in the air, and has a passive skill relating entirely to pizza... something Dante very much enjoys. If you call that a heavy reference and not basing an entire class off of DMC...)
"Chaos" Wrote:Considering that Wyvern Rider is already confirmed to hit the class board in the distant future (which, IIRC, will likely be a Soldier Promotion), we would better off pitching a Spear-based Promotion Class for Duelist that goes by a different theme, at the very least.

For the 4th promo for soldier I'd think it'd be Beldam Knight above Wyvern Rider, but thats just me.