Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Spears and Swords have their traits switched?
I agree with swords losing a bit of their 'reliability'. I remember Polearms having the role of 'hitting the impossible', back in pre-GR. Now that identity is just gone, because Swords are just every weapon in one, perfectly blend in and honed in the souls of the innocent. (tl;dr WAY TOO STRONG AND BEEFY.)

I say yes, have Sword's Reliability should affect 'SWA and Durability', not 'Hit and Durability'.

As for Polearm, I don't think they'd be swole with 5% per sub-rank, to a total of 25 bonus Hit. They can't reach absurd heights in regards to Scaled Weapon Attack or basic hit damage anyway, like Axes and Swords do. (Hell, I could go far and say 'let them have 10 per rank' as an exaggerated example, and it would still be fine, even if a lot of people would just start whining, trashing and crying "omg op". Sure, they can hit now... But where's the damage?)

And of course, remove the 'only in front' condition. That's quite uncalled and honestly, super boring, gameplay wise... Especially when fighting against Duelists and Soldiers. Which populate most of the game's PvP. Unless if now Polearms ignore Stalemate and Eviter attempts, or have a 10% (+10 per subrank) chance to bypass parry attempts and do full damage. Polearms are made to p e n e t r a t e. It's mandatory to give them a new gimmick that's more fitting, I think.

Underlining the important stuff because reading is boring.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't see any reason to change it, honestly.
Not even if Sword-types are too strong and Polearm-types are too weak?
"Snake" Wrote:Not even if Sword-types are too strong and Polearm-types are too weak?

Swords just got out of being bad recently, I think polearms could use a buff still without the need to nerf swords or axes for that matter.
I just wish some Polearms had their scalings reviewed, other than that, a buff in general for the weapon type using Talents wouldn't be bad at all.

Still upset that Thin Tip doesn't do something unique like ignoring Parry attempts.
Instead of changing and trading, why not just add an additional path in the talent line?

I like my Hit chance on sword, cause they really do need it. But I do agree that its actually the spears game to have a shitton of hit.

And the weapon talents are specializing in a weapon anyway, so why not add paths for differnt kind of specializations for the weapons to adjust to the players playstyle/ giving it a bit more depth?

Spear could need a hit buff sort of path though, to further fortify it's position as hit master and not just having...Like... 10-15 hit more in the endgame. Or maybe indeed a path that per level gives them 5% lower chance to trigger enemies parry attempt, when attack from the front. Or something fancy like that.

Sword could get a path that adds power but actually lowers Hit instead, and paths could rule each other out or whatever...I think there is lots of unused potential here.