Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray Away
Pray seems a little weak, it effectively has the cost of a skill similar to charge mind or powerup with hardly the benefit, no one really uses it simply cause it costs too much momentum to use, especially in already setup heavy builds.

Its biggest benefit before was the extension of status effects, but now extend void exists in the same manner with a 3m cost.

I think pray could be fine at a 3m cost minimum instead of 6m, instead of changing the numbers around a bit, changing the momentum cost from 6m to 3m minimum would let it see far more use in a curate's arsenal.

The reason I think this would be balanced are the downsides of Pray, which are:
-Has effectively a 4 round cooldown, tied to the luck buff it gives.
-Cannot be used while silenced
-The faith based effects and FP Regen'd through this skill are minimal.
-It takes FAI to use, and gives LUC, a stat which priests seldom use, save for a few builds.
-The Buff it provides can be nulled away by many sources anyways.
Sounds fine to me. I generally only see Pray get used when the Curate is out of FP, and that's pretty much it. Should give more incentive to grab it.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Pray should work like Power Up. Costs 3+M, and if used with 6+M, it will also restore Pacifist Boon.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think pray has another issue actually, as to why it's barely used.
It's not the same as Void Extend, cause it has the clear advantage of increaseing the effects duration of your WHOLE party. The issue I see however is, that Curates buff enchantment skills(Last I checked they do not even benefit from Prolong talent aswell, but I could be wrong here) are not really worth picking/extending in the first place.

I think if they got more valid enchantment options it would be a lot better already and would also bring those other skills back into the game.

I think thats probably the overall better way to go, though I do like the idea of pacifsit boon getting restored for "I prayed so forgive my sins!"

That being said, I am also not against changing mementum costs and make it something that is just getting better with more momentum used. I only believe that the intention of the skill was to keep your buffs up, but people barely buff on curates anyway. But I love enchantment skills in theory, so I wish they would be actually good. Mage enchantments are just so much better.

(Also Mass working for not only Curate skills but all enchantment type of skills would be awesome, if you want to play a fullsupport buffer)