Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 10* Bai Kai Insects
Well since they do not have ten stars yet, I made two icons for them. Everyone is invivted to get the actual effects/stats/names/fluff text straight but I post my idea for them.

Name: Bzzz-Bzzz stingohurt
Fist (also counts as dagger)
Power:15
Critical:10 (125%)
Attack Range:1
Damage type: Pierce
Accuracy: 90 %
Weight: 1

Scaling:
55% Str
50% Cel

Effect:
On Critical: Marks your enemy with "Death Sting" Level (1+UL)*2, the next critical strike with this weapon will increase the damage dealt by LV% and consumes "Death Sting"

So yeah basically first crit is marking your enemy and the second attack HURTS with increasing the damage by 50%. Certainly a good weapon for VA/MA. Also the critical damage multiplier is EXCLUSIVE to this weapon. No crit set up for a Excel weapon or whatever.

[Image: e235e915a4c4769fec5a394f1d0416e5.png]Obviously referenced to Soi Fon (bleach)

Name:Bai Kais Bodyguard
Type: Shield
Fluff Text:
A shield designed like a scarabaeus, it can expand it's wings to cover a big area to guard which allows you to protect not only yourself but your comrades, aswell.

effect: Increases Guard by UL, addtionally if you Guard all allies within one tile range get half Guards level as damage reduction.

Increases Battleweight by 24-UL

[Image: e0faec010f2c07f8d7ae8ee525eb6ae1.png]

Thats my ideas.

Attached Files
.rar   new ten stars Bai Kai.rar (Size: 2.04 KB / Downloads: 51)
Okay, we already have a fist that counts as a dagger its not used at all because it has fist, crit damage, instead of dagger crit damage.

fists have the lowest 105% while daggers have 130% base.
The fist dagger we have is mostly not used cause it's scaling is crappy, to go with VA, not because it's a fist. But this is an attempt to make an actually good Dagger/fist. I am aware of the usual critical rates, I didn't want to give it the full 130% cause it's still getting advantages for being a fist, but I also didn't want a crit weapon which effect only triggers every second critical hit to be basically non-existant like a fist. So I figured a multi of 120-125% is reasonable. Having it too low, just makes the effect useless compared to other daggers.
It's sort of balanced around the fact you can effectively use only one of those (dagger dance with two crits would eat your "Death Sting" on a highly reduced damage hit, so you do not want that. And since the effect is exclusively for THIS weapon you can also not exploit it's effect with a second dagger or something).

Or that were my thoughts behind it. So I am not sure what exactly your post is even trying to say. How would you want to change it?
Fists need to scale Strength or it will quickly become the most used fist in the entire game, due to no fists actually existing that don't scale STR, even mutations, at least partially strength, anything under 50% wouldn't be acceptable really, as no fists actually scale under that currently.
55%str/50% gui?

I fear though that this is actually worse than the Cel scaling. (*looks at Dragon set and Fist of the giant*)
SWA on such an effect could be quite tricky...So the harder it's to build for it with a single stat, the better I assume.
it won't be that bad, fists that count as daggers don't get Va's dagger damage bonuses.
I don't know where you get your facts from Lolzy but they do, also I'd wager that 55% STR 50% CEL would be a better scaling for it, and let critical damage by carried by the class combo and the weapon itself, similar to Qrytys (Which is actually a good weapon mind you)

VA has autohits now, meaning SWA based daggers and dagger-fists can fit into a fist build, it works out, trust me.
Fair enough, I can see it working that way.
I've had a qrytys for a long time, and I've never noticed an increase in critical damage from it when I have pure monk or void/monk classed in spoops, unless somethings changed in the last few months since I gave up on the idea.
Its an equipable skill, why don't you try doing a before and after test?