Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.dblclick response
A suggestion was posted by a GM in which they suggested to make .dblclick GM only. Suggestions are fine and all, but if you're not going to allow criticism, or allow the players to have some form of input on your suggestion, what's the point?

So, I've decided we need a topic for people to be able to voice their opinions about Dyst's suggestion, since they're not allowing us to on their thread. I personally think players should have the command too, as I don't see the harm in it, and others likely have better explanations than me.

And... If possible, it would be nice to know why that thread was locked without anyone being able to post criticism... since, you know... Doesn't feel right to me.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I'm guessing it's because of being able to see a GM in the menu with it when they are invisible. In which case it's likely easier to just make it so they can't be clicked by others when they are like that.

Otherwise, if there's a plan to remove the macro for players, I'd like to point out a few things before anything. People use .dblclick for the following besides the aforementioned reason:

1. Checking your own Scaled Weapon Attack in battle
2. Being able to check an opponent's battle info when they're under a light shaft/Geist Schritt-like aura (because those block it most of the time, in the latter's case it happens if someone's above that character with the aura)
3. EDIT because I forgot to mention: it's also used to see the battles hidden underneath game objects, because otherwise you can't normally see them.
4. EDIT #2: If an item bugs below a house floor, the only way you can bring it up is with .dblclick too.

There may be other reasons, but those are the most common ones off the top of my head.

I suggest giving a way to view those if .dblclick is removed. Otherwise I honestly don't care much if it's gone, personally.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'm backing the idea of keeping the macro for players up, too. There are more uses to it than blowing a GM's cover (kek) you know. There isn't much to be said as it's been covered, but I'd like to know why the topic was put up in the forums yet comments for it were disabled. I mean, you could just have PM'd Dev about it if you wanted the function removed.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
The suggestion is to restore .dblclick's range to unlimited for GMs only, since one or more of our tools were compromised due to the range restriction placed on .dblclick on an earlier update.

The original suggestion's wording is being revised to clarify this. I believe this should quash any further complaints here. I might as well lock this while I'm at it, seeing that further discussion isn't going to be any more fruitful.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye