Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lupine stuff
"Yark" Wrote:It also requires you to be playing Summoner, with a max-level Sieryuu occupying one of your youkai slots. Grand Summoner in particular is in a strong spot at the moment, to be sure, but taking advantage of this specific debuff resigns you to using this class. Racial abilities are more splashable, naturally, so you have to be careful when you suggest such a massive buff.

It's kind of like suggesting that a race should have an innate 40 critical evasion, just because it's available on BK.

In the same way the racial ability requires heavy stat investment while hunter's wind does not, its two sides of the same coin.

The reason as to why Hunter's wind is currently balanced is due to the need to re-apply it with a specific ability every 2 rounds, cause of its duration, now I believe Warcry has a similar duration but far far less hunted level, it was implemented on request of another player a long time back and hasn't been touched upon since.

Warcry would fall under the same category here, you'd need to constantly re-apply it in order to get the hunted buff, and again if you read the rest of my post you would need extremely heavy stat investment to make it worthwhile to use, after all if the momentum cost of a spell + the damage doesn't weigh out the net gain of damage (IE: Think of absolute death, you need to use 5 attacks to reap the reward of of that skill) then the momentum cost is more than likely inefficient, this doesn't hold true on big bursty attacks like excel or charge mind and the such but I digress.
Keeping this short. This is quite unnecessary of a thread, since balance will receive and get chipped away quite sooner or later by the Trait Rework.

I suggest you all holding off on it until we see if that will be enough to make Lupines, and the other more 'out of meta' races better.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]