Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Vydel & Positioning
Because of Vydel's property of ejecting victims to a random map tile, the effects of positioning with the spell behave extremely randomly. For the sake of more consistency and strategy, could it be considered to have the invocation deal damage as the tornado picks the character up as opposed to when they land after being thrown? (characters that dodge to another tile should immediately be pulled back into the tornado to avoid taking multiple hits from it obviously)

In particular, this would give wind evokers the chance to play around Cobra rather than just praying to the gods their enemy doesn't land facing them, but effects like Eviter or Bulwark would also become more consistent and able to be played/planned around properly.
Doesn't Talvyd knockdown before applying damage? I'm never successful on dodging it with Snake Dancer.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Doesn't Talvyd knockdown before applying damage? I'm never successful on dodging it with Snake Dancer.

I'm honestly not sure but if you aren't enchanted with Talvyd it doesn't knockdown anyway.
"Snake" Wrote:Doesn't Talvyd knockdown before applying damage? I'm never successful on dodging it with Snake Dancer.

It does not apply the knockdown before the damage, also knockdown doesn't prevent snake dancer from triggering.
Because in DMc Donte could dodge while knocked on his ass right? Jokes asside, I see where this is coming from and feel that the damage on pickup is a good idea, but what if we split it between pick up and ejection?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water